Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i guess we can do it this way....Anyone from Canada, USA, or wherever who is interested in meeting in Vulcan Alberta.....Post if you are interested, or have an opinion....We can discuss things like...When....1 day or 2 day or long weekend.....If any interest and we come up with a date and time would be great......There is some cool riding in the area....Depends on how much time everyone had there are some sights 2 checkout if anyone wanted...I have been in that area quite a few times....Can't quite remember what there is for camping or hotels but i sure could take a run up there on the bike when the weather improves.....So if interested here is your chance 2 be heard.....Take care everyone......Terry......:)

I AM NOT ORGANIZING THIS... JUST STARTED A THREAD AND SUPPLYING SOME LINKS AND INFO....

www.vulcantourism.com/

www.discoveralberta.com/

http://tpr.alberta.ca/

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sounds interesting. As I stated earlier though, it is a little to far for me for a day ride and so I would have to make a 2 day stay over thing somewhere. But you never know what will happen when summer comes. I'll keep it in mind.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
this sounds like fun, i can't wait until i get to ride my new 2010 voyager, let me know when, i would like to go for a nice long ride, maybe to interior BC...let me know

·
Registered
8 Posts
this sounds like fun, i can't wait until i get to ride my new 2010 voyager, let me know when, i would like to go for a nice long ride, maybe to interior BC...let me know
i also know Ellen Dutcher from Vulcan, she was my service writer at Brandt Tractor, now she mover to Winnipeg...

·
Registered
264 Posts
vulcan weekend?

You have peeked my interest, but it would have to be at least a 2 dayer. but that is not nessacaryly a bad thing. I will follow this post to see what time/weekend gets picked to see if it fits my schedule. with my job no promises. on a side note, sorry for all the spelling errors, if I could spell better maybe I would have a better job than driving truck. but then again at least I get to see some sites that might be good to ride to.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey sparhawk1967

looks like were close in birthdays as well, mine is 1963...we should hook up for a good long ride sometime.., i just traded in my 2007 vulcan 900 LT...awesome bike, i'm going to miss it but also very excited to get on my new bike.. let me know if you want to hook u for a good long ride for a day.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
hey sparhawk1967

looks like were close in birthdays as well, mine is 1963...we should hook up for a good long ride sometime.., i just traded in my 2007 vulcan 900 LT...awesome bike, i'm going to miss it but also very excited to get on my new bike.. let me know if you want to hook u for a good long ride for a day....

Zeppelin where do you hail from,aka where are you now adays? and what did you trade for?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks to Terry for setting up this thread. I'm already gettin' excited about all these Vulcans in Vulcan! One small step for man here - start out out small, bring a li'l business to the coffe shops, get the town to buy in and make it an annual event to rival the Trekkies convention - Sturgis North!
Hmmm....I wonder what Bill Shatner rides...?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was thinking......damm that hurts....lol.......On July 17 they have their Show N Shine and on the 18 a pancake breakfast according 2 their web site....What ya think about that 1 day or both days...Meet and greet or lunch or what ever...Would be cool 2 check out show and shine as well.....Anyways is just a thought...Anyone else have a opinion let er rip.....Terry

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those dates sound good to me Terry. Maybe planning for the Show n' Shine day (17th) would add a lil more interest to the trip - us old Vulcanizers might get pretty bored with each other in a hurry! Anyone who wanted to stay over could line up early and eat all the pancakes the next morning...
Mid-July gives us some options to postpone if the weather happens to be ugly that weekend - y'know, tornado weather or one of our mid-summer snow days or something...
and careful with that thinking you've been doing there...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those dates sound good to me Terry. Maybe planning for the Show n' Shine day (17th) would add a lil more interest to the trip - us old Vulcanizers might get pretty bored with each other in a hurry! Anyone who wanted to stay over could line up early and eat all the pancakes the next morning...
Mid-July gives us some options to postpone if the weather happens to be ugly that weekend - y'know, tornado weather or one of our mid-summer snow days or something...
and careful with that thinking you've been doing there...
LOL @ snow days.......Well ya never know.......Not the last couple years...we had snow in the first part of June last year...still got pics on my phone....Well if it works 4 u all is cool with me....I am all over the country and the USA in the summer but if this works is cool....I always luv a Show and Shine...Or anything 2 do with engines and speed......And on their site they said something about fireworks not sure if it was 4 the Star Trek days or the Show and Shine....But would b cool 4 sure....:)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
July 17 works for me ,can't wait to ride again,winter sucks.
Good 2 hear.......We have a few people now who can make it on that date....I guess as the weather warms up and we get more into riding season we will confirm things .......And try 2 add some more folks.....Take care......Terry.....:D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd be interested in joining too. Send me a note when its all confirmed!
U R more than welcome 2 join us.......Just check back 2 this thread from time 2 time....We will b updating as the weather warms up and people start getting the bikes out and riding the scoots......Also welcome aboard......Terry....:D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts