Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I'm looking for a new turn signals control housing for my 2009 VN900 Custom.

I had called the dealership, and both in town want about 250 dollars for it.

Does anyone have a wrecked bike with some parts on it, or happen to know where I might be able to find this housing (obviously at a lower price)?

·
Registered
343 Posts
You should put your location in your profile so someone in your area might answer with a salvage yard

·
Registered
782 Posts
cheapcycleparts.com

This would still be OEM and not a used part. But they may beat the price of a local dealer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welp, after shipping, and conversion, 210 dollars. Not sure what kind of duty I can expect to pay, can't imagine saving more than 20 dollars than if I had gone to the local dealer :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try Show Chrome brand. They have chrome housings for $80-90. These aren't the covers that go over the OEM housing, but an actual replacement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the steel ball inside the turn signal mechanism that I had lost.

Problem solved though, I had dropped it on a friends gravel driveway. I went back the next day with a few earth magnets my dad had found when working up near Thompson.

After about 20 minutes of running the magnets through the gravel, ALAS, there it was!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
167 dollars on that website.

I live in Manitoba. There are no bike salvage yards :(
I gotta ask ..... living in Manitoba, wadda need turn signals for LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I gotta ask ..... living in Manitoba, wadda need turn signals for LOL
haha, funny you say that. I was listening to the radio station, and some guy who moved from Toronto called with a comment to everyone in Winnipeg - "Hey I just moved here from Toronto. I just wanted to let everyone here know that turn signals do exist, please use them". HA!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts