Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link, pdf or guide to exactly how to remove the stator on a nine? I'm not exactly a mechanic here, and while trying to get to my stator it seems like I will have to remove alot of other items.

I've already removed the floorboards and now it looks like I will have to remove the front pulley as well to get the regulator plug out. Is this correct guys or am I looking at this all wrong? :confused:

·
Registered
782 Posts
No, you are not looking at it wrong. Per the Service Manual, you have to start with draining the oil, removing the floor board, alternator outer cover, front pulley cover, crankshaft sensor leads, left side cover, tool box, and ingition switch. I had a Nissan one time that you damn near had to pull the engine out to tighten the air condition belt. Sounds like the same Japanese guy designed this stator setup. Sorry, if I am the harbinger of doom. Good luck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you are not looking at it wrong. Per the Service Manual, you have to start with draining the oil, removing the floor board, alternator outer cover, front pulley cover, crankshaft sensor leads, left side cover, tool box, and ingition switch. I had a Nissan one time that you damn near had to pull the engine out to tighten the air condition belt. Sounds like the same Japanese guy designed this stator setup. Sorry, if I am the harbinger of doom. Good luck.
I obtained a manual tonight and I see exactly what your talking about now :) Actually this doesn't seem as bad as I thought for disassembly, much easier than removing the drive pulley and stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Whine whine whine.;) Just be glad you're not pulling the stator on the 750. On that bike you've got to pull the engine (or at least tilt it). :eek:

R

·
Registered
231 Posts
Let us know how it comes out. With the stator problems on this bike, a good write-up may be a "Sticky" thread candidate! :cool:
I'd think about ordering a gasket - not sure which one but I believe I read somewhere else that Kawi dealers don't usually have this item in stock.:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts