Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where I should post this, but I'm curious what the stock pipes from a 2009 900 Custom will fit on. Got some new V&H pipes for mine, and I have extra stock pipes. Someone asked if they'll fit on a 2003 Honda Ace. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Strikes me as unlikely, but I don't know for sure.

Another thing to consider is hanging them on the garage wall -- some day you'll want to sell that bike, and a lot of people are like me and really don't want those loud pipes. I appreciate a nice ripping engine as much as anybody, but my preference is stock because I have tinnitus -- ringing in the ears from hearing damage -- and the last thing I want is something louder, so I can't even count the number of bikes I ruled out when I was shopping because of pipes. Other folks just don't want to wake up the neighbors when they take off in the morning.

How's it sound with those V&H's?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually a good idea. I have 2 sets of stock pipes for it. The chrome came on my bike, but I swapped them out for the black version because I don't like too much chrome.

I really like how the new pipes sound. Definitely louder, but I don't think they're too loud. Haven't had a chance to take them on a lengthy ride yet. Hopefully this weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How's it sound with those V&H's?
I have a set of V&H Big Radius on mine and it sounds awesome! A nice deep, throaty roar that makes the engine seem way bigger than a 900. The pipes do need baffles though because they're obnoxiously loud without them. I'm guessing if you baffled and packed them they would be about as quiet as stock, maybe a little louder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts