Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
4061 - 4080 of 4106 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Davisj444 I see that you bobbed the back fender! It looks like that is the original fender and I have been trying to find someone else who has done this before I do mine. I even made a thread asking and have received no responses or feedback. So how do you like it, any issues with debris being thrown on your back or anything? Also could we get some more pictures from behind so we can see how it looks and what you did with the taillights? I really like the look!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Confirming that the Saddlemen “Extra Jumbo Slant“ Saddlebags fits great on the 900. Same width and height as Kawasaki LT but 3” longer.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not done, But this is where I'm at so far. Grips, Mirrors, Windshield, Headlight, and Highway bar. Eventually, Black Levers, new pegs (Once I find out what I can use) and possibly a V&H Exhaust or Freedom Combat 2 into 1. <-- I'd like to be able to hear that on a Custom 900 first though. Then black housing led turn signals.
View attachment 254951
What windshield do you have? Thinking about mounting one- and that actually looks pretty decent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What windshield do you have? Thinking about mounting one- and that actually looks pretty decent.
MEMPHIS SHADES BIG SHOT WINDSHIELD - 7" HEADLIGHT CUT OUT - BLACK SMOKE MEP57112

I made sure to get the 7" cut out for my custom as my headlight is 5 3/4. I did not want the larger 9" that Memphis Shades was telling me I needed. Took me a while to decide on what to get myself lol. I'm 6ft and see over it nicely. I ordered through Ebay because the best price was there at the time.

·
Registered
2021 Vulcan 900 Custom
12 Posts
Installed my Cobra exhaust & intake this weekend. ECU is scheduled to arrive today but have no time to fire it up until the weekend :cry:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive tire

Reactions: RB 32504

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,775 Posts
Do you like the shield? Enough protecation?
Works very well for me. I only recently put it on and made a 200 mile ride from Houston to Bandera to our new retirement place. It did better than I thought it would. I've had the same shield before and liked it. I like being a little different and this shield is. You have to remember I'm little, 5'5", maybe, and 125 pounds, with a full stomach, so doesn't take much to block the wind off of me. Here's few more shots of shield. If you want different angles or information, just let me know.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Here's the driver's view from my helmet camera, on the left you'll see my thermos I keep water in next to the phone.

Photograph Sky Automotive tire Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
297 Posts
Confirming that the Saddlemen “Extra Jumbo Slant“ Saddlebags fits great on the 900. Same width and height as Kawasaki LT but 3” longer. View attachment 255082 View attachment 255084
I did however make a mounting out of aluminum stock that fits on the bag supports and a piece of aluminum angle for the bottom. I wanted good support without using the throw over pieces. Plus the angle helps shield the heat on the exhaust side (although I’m 3.2 inches above the pipes)

4061 - 4080 of 4106 Posts