Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

3821 - 3840 of 3850 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Now That I have finished adding, removing and changing so much stuff on my bike I think I enjoy where it’s at giving me all the abilities I could think of and I took this great picture and many other out on S1 in San Diego, CA
Wow, the colors are so vivid and the lines so crisp it doesn't even look real. Love it!

·
Registered
2014 Vulcan custom
16 Posts
Hey guys.... how about we start an official thread of Vulcan 900 pics... I would love to see some examples of what you're riding!!! :D

Post them up... don't be shy!
Hey guys.... how about we start an official thread of Vulcan 900 pics... I would love to see some examples of what you're riding!!! :D

Post them up... don't be shy!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife and I recently did the Four Corners of Maine tour. This is us leaving home in Starksboro, VT. Two 2006 Vulcan 900 Classics - mine is the LT on the left.

Several days later, here we are leaving the last corner, Grafton Notch State Park.

I wish I could say that our bikes ran without a hitch - alas, Alix's stator died somewhere on the way home and the battery ran out of juice just 18 miles from home! A buddy grabbed our trailer and came and picked her bike up, and I completed the journey. 1315 miles in 4 days. Alix's poor Gwynneth only managed 1297 before succumbing to the dreaded Vulcan Stator Syndrome! But all is well; I put in a Rick's Stator this weekend and Gwynneth is happily running down the road again.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Nice bikes. Too bad about the stator but at least it happened at the end of the trip, not the beginning. I've never heard of the Four Corners Tour. What are the other three?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kittery Trading Post

Post Office in Lubec (RIGHT next to the Border Patrol office!)

And Four Corners Park in Madawaska. Which is also one of the Four Corners of the US for the SCMA Four Corners tour.

We also stopped at Mile 0 on US Rt 1, since it was only 13 miles away in Fort Kent, ME, AND less than a mile away from the start of ME 11, which we took south on our way to Bangor. Man, that is one LONELY road.

We took four days to do the run from Starksboro and back - average a bit over 300 miles a day. Saw some truly magnificent views, stopped at some great places to eat (Bentley's Saloon in Arundel, Dolly's in Frenchville (try the chicken stew and ployes!), The Brookside Inn in Smyrna, and Smokin' Good BBQ in Bethel) and rode some great roads. We did Rt 1 all the way from Kittery up to Fort Kent - just had to! It was a great time. You don't see it in the pics, but my wife and I had helmet communicators, so we were able to talk with each other for almost the entire trip. (ran the batteries out a couple of times at the last hour of a couple of days).

We're already planning a return to Maine next year and also looking for some other big trips to take. The Widows Sons Grand Gathering is next year in Illinois, but with it being superslab most of the way, we'll probably take Canth, my Gold Wing trike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Whoops... forgot to add Mile 0 in the last post! If you look closely, you'll see all the bugsplat on our windshields. The Maine Air Nat'l Guard was out in force that week! :D

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Great pics. I've been to Maine a few times, but just Portland and Poland (my daughter had a summer job there). Beautiful country! Just one question: Pern?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, man. Get out of Portland. The state has some beautiful scenery and tons of cool quirky stuff, like the Big Indian and the big biker on Rt 1 north of Houlton. It's been sporting a Trump wig the last few years; it's basically a 10' tall chopper rider in someone's yard.

And yes. My bikes have all only had one name, going back 38 years. They all think they're big brown dragons, you see... and I never argue with dragons. If that's what they say they are, that's what they are. :) My Gold Wing's license plate is a vanity plate: CANTH. (I'm not sure if my wife's bike, Gwynneth, is a gold or a green... ;) )

Reactions: Nukolator

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
21 Posts
What year is that blue. Looks similar to the color of mine above. Mine is a 2008. Just got it about a month ago.

3821 - 3840 of 3850 Posts