Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

3781 - 3791 of 3791 Posts

·
Super Moderator
448 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just replaced the rather anemic stock horn on my Nomad with a Fiam 72112. It only draws 6A so no need for a relay. I just put it on the same mount as the stock horn and plugged in the wires. Took me minutes and it's at least 3 times louder than the stock horn. At under $30 CDN it was a good investment.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Any ideas on how to get that mark off? .
Welcome to the family Poops! I've always loved the 900 Custom. Yours looks great. I've never had polyester on my pipes, but I have had to get melted rubber shoe sole off. I had good luck with this process. First scrape off all you can using a plastic scraper (like putty knife). Then scrub the surface gently with a sugar cube. The sugar is abrasive but too soft to scratch the chrome. Good luck and Ride Safe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys, and the tips on the horn and exhaust mark. I ended up ordering a Stebel Nautilus, I'm sick of pinheads not checking their blind spot when merging. I'll definitely try that sugar cube trick too :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's my 2007 Vulcan classic, originally bought by a mate who did the paint job, and the front end upgrade, I've owned it for 8 years, ridden all over S E Asia on it including 2,700Km 2 up across Borneo, mods are double disk front brake, steel brake lines, hard luggage, throttle lock, sissy bar and rack, engine guard, screen, Hazard lights, chrome radiator and regulator covers, LED Head Light, since this picture I've fitted LED spot lights and DLR lights, radio, rear floor boards, currently waiting delivery of a replacement rear shock, the baron pullies and big air kit.
It's had the stator replaced last year.
I keep thinking about upgrading to a bigger bike, but its just too good a bike to change, not heavy even with luggage. Used for a 300 Mile ride to work. and for touring in Thailand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I'm new here but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. We recently purchased an 07 Vulcan 900 Custom and it is our first motorcycle. I was wondering if anyone here knows if you can put a stock windshield from a Classic on a Custom? Or if there is some other mounting hardware I need to buy? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
No, you can't. At least not easily. There are several parts in the triple tree that you would need to replace first. There are plenty of after market shields that you can mount that fit that bike. It's a personal choice, but I wouldn't go with a large shield like they use on the classic. I don't think it looks right with that narrow front tire. I put a Memphis Shades Big Shot on mine. The lines of the bike blend well with the lines of the shield.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey I'm new here but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. We recently purchased an 07 Vulcan 900 Custom and it is our first motorcycle. I was wondering if anyone here knows if you can put a stock windshield from a Classic on a Custom? Or if there is some other mounting hardware I need to buy? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
No, you can't. At least not easily. There are several parts in the triple tree that you would need to replace first. There are plenty of after market shields that you can mount that fit that bike. It's a personal choice, but I wouldn't go with a large shield like they use on the classic. I don't think it looks right with that narrow front tire. I put a Memphis Shades Big Shot on mine. The lines of the bike blend well with the lines of the shield. Here's a pic of my '07 when it was brand new. S5030036.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much, I really appreciate all of your help I was very lost on what to do with the shield! That a beautiful bike you got there, here's a pic of ours. I can't tell for sure but they look like they may be the same color.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Thank you so much, I really appreciate all of your help I was very lost on what to do with the shield! That a beautiful bike you got there, here's a pic of ours. I can't tell for sure but they look like they may be the same color.
Yep. That was the first year they made the Custom and it only came in 3 colors: Black, Red and Blue. I rode that for 10 years before selling it to my son as his first bike.

3781 - 3791 of 3791 Posts