Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

3701 - 3720 of 3807 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys.... how about we start an official thread of Vulcan 900 pics... I would love to see some examples of what you're riding!!! :D

Post them up... don't be shy!
Here’s my 2007 Custom after adding OEM windshield, OEM engine guard, and Viking size medium saddlebags.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you need to add a fuel modulator with the big air kit?
I don’t know if I needed to, but the bike came with one (I’m the second owner, have had it for about a year and half).
Has a Cobra FI2000 under the seat, dialed to their recommended 4-2-0, I think.

Barely visible in that pic are the Kuryken (sic?) rider mini floorboards. I cannot recommend these enough - they’ve made a world of difference in comfort and highway riding. I’ll look for a better pic. Also, those spongy grips made a giant positive difference. Grip Puppy, on Amazon. $19.

Here’s a pic of when I have it rigged for two-up touring (stock seat, bags). I usually ride without bags and the Saddleman solo seat. But you can see the floorboards.

·
Registered
2007 Vulcan 900 Custom
16 Posts
2007 Vulcan 900 Custom I picked up last year after downsizing from a Nomad. Photo taken a day after I took it home exploring the Point Reyes area.

When I bought it it had a hair over 15k miles and came with
  • National Cycle 2 up Switchblade Windshield (which I take off when solo or warm enough)
  • Viking Cycle locking bags
  • Cobra sissy bar
  • Debaffled stock exhaust
  • Crash bars
  • Kuryaken driver floorboards
  • Kuryaken grips
  • Kawasaki Tachometer
  • K&N Air filter
  • Fresh battery & tires from the dealership
8 months & 4,500 miles later some changes include
  • Cobra PowrFlo Air Filter
  • Dobeck EJK fuel tuner
  • Vance & Hines Slashed Staggereds (with quiet baffles)
  • Mustang Seat
  • Sissy Bar off an LT model (might go back, as my girl likes the cobra better)
  • OEM front pegs since my legs were at an uncomfortable angle on the floorboards
  • Kuryaken ribbed passenger floorboards (after my girl melted her boot stepping on the stock exhaust)
  • Iridium Spark Plugs
  • Fresh brake pads
  • Kuryaken license plate helmet lock
  • Rando mirrors from Amazon
  • Fork bag I put on the handlebars
  • Fork reflector delete

After riding mine and doing some maintenance together my dad like it enough and went out and bought himself an LT model, despite already having an Honda ST1300 and a 99 Honda Shadow Aero 1100.

Some days I want to upgrade to a Mean Streak, but this 900 can do the highways at any speed I need, handle the local twistys, gets 45+ mpg after mods, cheap on insurance, and it's light enough to push around when off, which I need considering my parking situation.

Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
Posting a pic with the new Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield installed and some old Chase Harper Cruiser saddlebags I had laying around... 2020 Vulcan 900 Classic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's my 2010 after I installed the pipes. Also, I removed the Vulcan Custom decal on the right tank so I could put a memorial tag for my dad. I'd absolutely love it if any of ya'll have any suggestions on how to clean up the difference from where the decal was, you can see it looks a tad different than the tank. Girlfriend and I used a heat gun, goo gone, and a lot of scraping with a plastic tool (didn't damage the paint) and that was left over after the adhesive residue was removed.

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
116 Posts
After three weeks of 25 - 35 degree F weather with 25 - 40 MPH winds out of the north, we finally had a nice day... 55 degrees, sunny, and hardly any wind. Had the first really nice pleasant ride on my Classic since I bought it last February.

Here's the first outdoor pic I've had a chance to take of my 2020 VN900. (Except for the color, it looks just like every other Classic LT made since 2006, but I had to get mine in the 'Vulcan 900 Picture' thread :) )

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
After three weeks of 25 - 35 degree F weather with 25 - 40 MPH winds out of the north, we finally had a nice day... 55 degrees, sunny, and hardly any wind. Had the first really nice pleasant ride on my Classic since I bought it last February.

Here's the first outdoor pic I've had a chance to take of my 2020 VN900. (Except for the color, it looks just like every other Classic LT made since 2006, but I had to get mine in the 'Vulcan 900 Picture' thread :) )

View attachment 242105
Hmm, does look vaguely familiar. Beautiful bike (aren't they all though?). Ride safe, but ride!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone!
I just picked up an 08 Vulcan 900 classic LT with 11k miles. This is my fourth bike and will be for back and forth the 40 miles to work.

I’ve already got a front fender on order, along with a windshield bracket on the right side. Windshield is scratched but going to ride it a bit to see if I need something a bit taller or not. It seemed to be right in my eyes when I rode it home.

Also, I'm curious if anyone has removed the light bar, just leaving the headlight and some turn signals?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
2013 Custom 900
Paid $1000 for her. She has been sitting in a show room at a CAR lot since 2015 full of fuel in tank. As you can imagine the fuel was bad, really bad, wasnt even flammable. The fuel pump, tires, battery and brakes where bad. Said it had a oil leak, come to find out it was a leaking front master cyl. Any how they wanted $2200 for it, so I told them that they need to come down on the price. The salesman said how much. I then proceeded to show him the price of a BRAND NEW fuel pump $500 from Babbits and with all the other parts that he needs to come down to at least a $1000. He went inside and asked his supervisor, he came out less than a minute later and said deal. Now I am thinking I should have went lower even though I was prepaired to go up. So heres to blind faith.
I found a fuel pump repuild kit on line for $30, new tires, brakes, battery, master cylinder. Then once I got her safe and running I put bags and wind screen on her.

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
116 Posts
Bad Mojo...

So I pulled my LT into the garage last night. Just before I shut it off, I looked down at the ODO and saw this:

3701 - 3720 of 3807 Posts