Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2007 Vulcan 900 LT. In looking at the bags, the leather straps seem afully loose. The buckels are in the top hole on the adjustment straps. I'm wondering if anyone has punched a forth hole in the strap to sinch these down tigher.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Double check to make sure the bags are tight on the mounting rail. Otherwise, as Taz said,,,,it won't hurt anything if you punch a new whole in the strap. Make sure when you put something in the bags that you latch the bag closed, as I have forgoten a couple of times to do it and was wondering what the flapping noise was or the wife on her bike is honking her horn at me. :eek:
I recently purchased a 2007 Vulcan 900 LT. In looking at the bags, the leather straps seem afully loose. The buckels are in the top hole on the adjustment straps. I'm wondering if anyone has punched a forth hole in the strap to sinch these down tigher.

·
Registered
397 Posts
True that the buckles are mostly for looks and we generally use the hidden clips underneath to secure the bags shut. But... there were also a couple of times when I've needed to carry something that stuck up too much and it was nice to have the extra holes to loosen up the buckles a notch or two. I could still shut the bag tight when it didn't quite want to go down all the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts