Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I had a 900 custom a few years back, the moved to a Vstar 1300...Interstate 1300, Vulcan 1700..but I have to admit, nothing rides like my old 900.
So it seems, I am about to pull the tigger on a Custom again, I love the white on black 2016 custom. However, being spoiled on the cruisers, I want the classic floorboards, windshield and the bars, are they a straight swap to my custom? I cant ride on spokes, it is imprinted in my brain, so I cant get the classic.
:grin2:
Thanks for the help !

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
One possible problem with changing pegs to floorboards could be having to relocate the gear shifter. As I recall the spline shafts on the Custom and the Classic LT (if that is the swap you are thinking of) are different lengths and the Classic shifter also has some linking hardware which is not present on the Custom. Changing the spline shafts also as I recall requires some engine case disassembly.

When I got my 900 Classic LT I thought about changing to footpegs and going to the Custom shifter, but after doing a bit of research it appeared that it would involve more than a simple changeover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, you had to ruin my dream, LOL. There is always something. I was unable to find a heel toe shifter for the custom, that's why I was asking.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I would even buy the parts outright, but after reading HotCruier's post, it seems it's not that simple.
Suggest going to www.kawasaki.com and then to Parts and then to the parts pages for both the Classic LT and the Custom if wanting to find out about Kawasaki parts needed for doing the changeover. From viewing the parts pages for both models it's apparent (unless I've got it wrong, a possibility!) if using Kawi parts the changeover is somewhat involved but possible. Here's (hopefully) a link to the Classic LT page: https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagrams/2007/VN900D7F

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 11 of 11 Posts