Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went through the process of debaffling my bike, I took some video to show the different sounds that could be achieved at roughly each step. Hope this helps someone decide to debaffle their bike, because I absolutely love the way my sounds now that all that extra metal is out of the way!

As it says in the video description, I used PredFan's DIY How To thread on KawasakiMotorcycles.org to learn how to do this mod. It's a great post. I know I've seen other's reference it here as well. If you're on the fence about this, I'd suggest going the route I did and try it step by step. Stop when you're comfortable because you can always go a little bit more, but it's harder to go backwards. ;)

Link to the video: http://youtu.be/lcCaN3rCbVw

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't noticed anything negative about the change. The bike feels peppier to me. Removing the baffles on the OEM pipes doesn't really remove that much back pressure at all from the bike. The OEM pipes have catalytic converters and an inner 'cap' on the baffles that keep most of the pressure you've always had. If you remove those, you may see a loss in those areas, but if you leave them in, you shouldn't see a problem from what I've read, and what I can tell with my own bike.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
You remind me why I love the oem pipes and the full debaffle. It has it's own sound and much prefer the larger size than the after market skinny ones.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
You remind me why I love the oem pipes and the full debaffle. It has it's own sound and much prefer the larger size than the after market skinny ones.
+1 Great comparison video. I forgot how much the stock exhaust sounds like a lawn mower. Love the full debaffled sound, nice deep tone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts