Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '08 Vulcan 900 Custom and want to install the cobra speedster swept exhaust. I have read many articles on the power commander. Will I need one or not. There are many different opinions on this. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
99.9 times out of 100, the answer will be no, you don't. Your ECU should take care of things with just pipes. Install them and run it for a bit, then check your plugs. If you're lean, then a fuelpak of some type may be in order. Mine ran fine for the short time I had just pipes w/o a fuelpak, then I added the intake AND fuelpak at the same time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that I found a set on ebay for 490.00. That seems to be a good price since they are almost 700.00 from Cobra.

·
Registered
77 Posts
HI, Ive been considering the Cobra swept pipes for my 08 Custom as well. did you get them? how did they work out .? Maybe a pic or two.?? Ride Safe.
Rick

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have heard that the FI upgraded computers are only really required if you upgrade the air intake. So I don't see why they just don't do a package deal of intake and FI comp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts