Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in seeing what hard bags people put on the Vulcan 900 Custom. I was interested in Mutazu RS bags, but I'm not sure how they'll work with the lines of the bike. I've also looked into the bags offered by http://www.hardbags.com, but have not read or heard anything about them. Anyone have experience with them?

Please feel free to post images of your 900 Custom with hardbags.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This is my '07 Custom with HardStreet bags. I like the look and the room. I can lock my half helmet and various other bits in each bag. They are plastic though, not fiberglass so they flex a bit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Please feel free to post images of your 900 Custom with hardbags.
Like whiting, I've got Mutazu MU's (someday to be color-matched...), but mounted with Mutazu's "upgraded" chrome, model-specific supports, plus an additional DYI aluminum stabilizer running from bag to bag behind the license plate. These bags are plastic, so flexed too much for my tastes with only the supports from Mutazu (I'd go with the OEM LT brackets like whiting if I had to do it again..)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
http://tsukayu.com/Strong.htm.... I have a set of these for my 1500.. after reading about the plastic bags I went with these fiberglass ones (seem to be very ridge )... Word of warning when they say 8 weeks for delivery they mean 8 weeks.
They do come shipped in a fiberglass box to prevent shipping damage,I ordered mine in primer due to planing a custom paint job this winter,going to mock mine up one of the nights and then I will get some pictures...

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is my '07 Custom with HardStreet bags. I like the look and the room. I can lock my half helmet and various other bits in each bag. They are plastic though, not fiberglass so they flex a bit.
Steve, what size bags are these? I see they have 3 different sizes. What brackets did you use? They look nice. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts