Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new vulcan 900 custom owner here. I have been spending a good amount of time (and money of course :rolleyes: ) getting my bike set up just right. I have been thinking quite a bit about changing the handlebar setup to give me a more comfortable position. I'm about 5'8" so a bit more pull back should help. What are some of your thoughts and opinions on adding risers to the existing drag bar vs changing to the classic style or possibly 10-12" ape hangers. I really don't want to add cable length or modify anything else if possible. I'm leaning more towards the ape hangers but am not sure exactly what width, riser spacing/height, style would work best or are they generally a universal fit?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Man, you're stealing my life! Haha I also am 5'8" and have wanted to change my handlebars on my custom. If you keep the drag-style bars you don't have a lot of options. I've looked into this quite a bit. I almost tried to switch to the classic style handlebars but I noticed the triple tree is considerably lower on a custom than a classic.

If you switch them take pics so we can see what you did.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the 12" standard apes with 1 1/4" risers, and new longer (+4) clutch cable

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts