Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am new here. I just purchased a used 2008 custom Vulcan today and need to add the backrest. What are the opinions on the "Paladin Quickset Backrest" ?

I am thinking of ordering this complete with the detachable mount, rest and luggage rack. All together this will be near $400 shipped. Is this a good setup or are there better option for the price?

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've got the Paladin rack and backrest. The wife likes the backrest since it's a tad taller than most and she can lean back more. I've had mine 3 years and would buy it again. The quick release is easy to use and the overall quality is very good - plus it gets rid of the cheap plastic chrome on the fender.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input Baitis! I figured it would be a more popular rest here. I went ahead and ordered it.

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
Never really seen the advantage of a quick release backrest and luggage rack.. Hardbags? OK, I get that. Windshield? Yeah, makes sense if you're just cruising around town instead of the highway. But is the backrest and luggage rack really that big of a deal?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Never really seen the advantage of a quick release backrest and luggage rack..
Oh, i don't know Angliam...

I'm all the time changing my bike around just for a different look; bags on, bags off; windshield on/windshield off; backrest on/backrest off; fully dressed/naked. Having quick-release items just makes sense. Unfortunately, none of mine are! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Helek is right. Now I doubt that I will remove it often, but it is about having options. I do like the look of a bike without a backrest better. This rest gets pretty good reviews everywhere I see. And by the time you buy a rest, mounts and a luggage rack, it was not that much more to go the detachable route.

bass567 - I bought it from "gm-cycles" at the link below.

http://www.gm-cycles.com/Items/557750-557751-558151-vn9u?&caSKU=557750-557751-558151-vn9u&caTitle=Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Paladin Quickset Backrest

·
Registered
719 Posts
I like the quick release rack. 95% of my riding is solo. When I need the rack for errands or what-not it's simple to attach. At hotels I don't have to undo my pack straps, I just detach the rack and carry the whole mess to the room. I don't like the look of hardbags (that's why I bought a Custom) and don't want stuff hanging off the bike. My windshield is also easy-off.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the quick release rack. 95% of my riding is solo. When I need the rack for errands or what-not it's simple to attach. At hotels I don't have to undo my pack straps, I just detach the rack and carry the whole mess to the room. I don't like the look of hardbags (that's why I bought a Custom) and don't want stuff hanging off the bike. My windshield is also easy-off.
I'm interested to hear about the quick release windshield and the quick release backrest you chose and why...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts