Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just received my amazing looking Mustang Hard Bags but have no idea how to install them. I know I have to order the easy brackets. Any idea or info on better brackets?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
There are a variety of available brackets from many dealers (meancycles etc) that you can use. It comes down to personal preference. I like the stock Kawasaki LT brackets, the weight is on the bracket, not the bag. They offer a deep 3 point attachment to the bag. I personally do not like the edge / quick release brackets, I think they are not deep enough ( from the top fixing point to the bottom fixing point) and put a lot of stress on a loaded bag itself. The tubed attachment points to the bike take the weight. Remember, this is just an opinion, I have never had edge brackets myself.

here is a pic of the LT brackets. ... they are not cheap.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do you want quick release or not?

It may come down to whether or not you want them to be "quick release"... If so, edge/ghost or similar brackets are the way to go.

If, like me, you don't need quick release: I have Mutazu cases, and used the Mutazu VN900 specific chrome supports (http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?s=prod.php&product_id=374&img=IMG_0539.JPG). They're good quality, and reasonably priced, but their 3 mounting points for the cases are too close together (be careful of this no matter what supports you go with). I had to get a little creative with using really long bolts and spacers to give me 5 mount points per case, and also a stabilizer bar that connects case to case. If I had to do it again, I'd have just spent the extra $$ and gone with the OEM supports as whiting has done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts