Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post a few pic's of my 2007 classic with HD Fairing. Maybe the info will help other's who wish to add a custom fairing. I when with a 2014 Street glide fairing, a e-bay knock off. I added the accessory switch cover and the lower fork fairing cover under the headlight. To me, it looks good, and Im mostly happy with the way it turned out. I made the mounts out of a couple plant hanger bracket I had laying around, and brought some hose clamps,drilled a hole for a bolt to set though,this is mounted on my forks. This was to keep the fairing at the angle I wanted, so the accessory cover would not set against the 900 gauge cluster cover. Going this route, I had to remove the turn signals and bracket. I used the screws for the signals to mount the bracket I made, than I used some angle iron for my turn signals until I find a cheap set of HD Signals and mounts. All my gauges, radio are powered off the Auxiliary power plug from the headlight bucket. I ran it though a relay that is powered on with the running lights. All gauges came from e-bay, also the tach can be set for single fire so no need to build or buy an adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looks good and functional. I had a similar fairing on my last bike and had to do a lot of adapting work as well. It did its job for almost 30 years - the time I owned the bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good and functional. I had a similar fairing on my last bike and had to do a lot of adapting work as well. It did its job for almost 30 years - the time I owned the bike.
Thanks, I put a little bit of time into it. My main focus was to have my speedo close to eye level. I hate looking down to see how fast I'm going. And I was hoping with the fairing I might be able to ride longer in the year, I'm not a fan of cooler weather. I also adding a few Idiot lights to the dash, (N)eutral,Left and Right turn signals. The paint job's not the best, It was my first time painting anything.But the color is very close to my bike. Here's a be for pic and gauges lit-up

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fixed an issue with the Speedometer today, and thought I would pass along this info. When I added the Fairing Speedometer, I did not want to cut the wiring.So I just piggybacked off of the connector,so both speedometer's should have worked. This was not the case, The Original stopped working.I had an ideal how to fix this,and I was right or it worked. I added a diode before the fairing speedometer and now both work. The reason I wanted both to work, was to keep the mileage correct. And so I could still use the 900's LCD for the trip meter, the LCD on the fairing gauge is a little small.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Great job!! Your bike looks terrific! I have a batwing, but I really like the guage set up you created.........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I adding some cheap ebay Lowers to my bike. A lot of cutting to make it work with my Lindby multibar. I haven't tested them out yet,but thought I would post a few pics. I still need to clean it up(where I made the cuts),but over all I'm happy with the way they turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tested it out yesterday, the temp outside was around 50 °F. And my legs stayed nice and warm, it cut the buffeting down a lot. But I believe I need fork lowers to cut it out.:unsure: Other than that I'm happy with them, now it's time for some speakers and amp.Now trying to figure out the best place to ground the amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts