Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires for my 07 vulcan 900. I want whitewalls bad!!!! I dont want to size down to the smaller rear (170/80/15) but rather go up a size or two if space allows... if you have white walls on your bike, I'd love to see some pics!

please tell me what will work!:confused:
thanks!

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't have WW on mine. I went with Metzler direct replacements for stock, but I did notice that Metzler offered WW versions in the same sizes. The only thing is that WW tires seem to cost a little more ($30 - $50 per tire). That and the extra cleaning that they require. I hate cleaning the rear tire as it is. I can imagine with white showing every spec of dirt, it could be a hassle. But... to each his own. I do agree that the WW look is real classy. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I did quite a bit of research before I got mine, and you're down to just about one choice and you already found it. Don't worry though, I know what you're thinking. I don't want to put a skinny ass tire on my ride just to get whitewalls. If you do the math, the Metz has an ever so slightly larger diameter than the stock tire. It doesn't look narrow at all.
This the Metz whitewall in 170/80. I was prepared for the worst when I got it, but I am very happy with it.

Whitewalls are a bitch to keep clean. I spend almost as much time cleaning them as I spend on the rest of the bike. But next time I get tires, I'll get these exact same ones again.

Get a lift (if you don't already have one). Some whitwall cleaner (the name escapes me), Scotch-Brite pads and a little elbow grease and you'rw good to go.
Me likey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKYOU GUYS!!! Bill braske, Nice pics, I did go to my local Cycle Outfitters, and they had a set and I compared both rear tires and they were nearly the same. white walls look classy and are worth the cleaning! :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
THANKYOU GUYS!!! Bill braske, Nice pics, I did go to my local Cycle Outfitters, and they had a set and I compared both rear tires and they were nearly the same. white walls look classy and are worth the cleaning! :)
I agree they're worth the effort. In my opinion, the front fender rail on mine really enhances the look of the WWs. It's made by Show Chrome.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yo Bill, Can I Have the Brand of Your Seat? LOL

Hey Bill, do you mind posting the brand/link to the seat that you have on your bike? That brown leather seat is my DREAM seat! That would rock. Beautiful bike! #GOALS lol

I did quite a bit of research before I got mine, and you're down to just about one choice and you already found it. Don't worry though, I know what you're thinking. I don't want to put a skinny ass tire on my ride just to get whitewalls. If you do the math, the Metz has an ever so slightly larger diameter than the stock tire. It doesn't look narrow at all.
This the Metz whitewall in 170/80. I was prepared for the worst when I got it, but I am very happy with it.

Whitewalls are a bitch to keep clean. I spend almost as much time cleaning them as I spend on the rest of the bike. But next time I get tires, I'll get these exact same ones again.

Get a lift (if you don't already have one). Some whitwall cleaner (the name escapes me), Scotch-Brite pads and a little elbow grease and you'rw good to go.
Me likey.

·
Registered
21 Posts
so you guys are actually changing from the 180 to a 170? im going to be changing out the oem tires, i do not like the way they handle at all.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I agree they're worth the effort. In my opinion, the front fender rail on mine really enhances the look of the WWs. It's made by Show Chrome.
I have the 2017 Vulcan Classic and it came with whitewalls. I put the show chrome really enhances the whitewalls too.
Easy install and not that expensive.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
These are Bridgestone's ww.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hey Bill, do you mind posting the brand/link to the seat that you have on your bike? That brown leather seat is my DREAM seat! That would rock. Beautiful bike! #GOALS lol
Corbin Dual Tour Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic | 800-538-7035 . I forget the specific color. The Corbin guys were very helpful. Not everyone like the firmness of Corbins, but I did. I got the seat rail, and 1 backrest, which could be used in either the front or back position. Loved it.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts