Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought a 2020 900 classic, and I’d like to install engine guards, and my issue is my engine is black so I’d like a black engine guard but Kawasaki on their Canadian website only has a chrome model for the classic and a black one for the custom. The black one is what I want and significantly cheaper but the dealership parts guy is telling me they may be different like where the pegs are located since the classic has the floor boards and the custom has the pegs. He wasn’t sure though and I can’t find part drawings to be sure. Has anyone seen both of these engine guards? Is there any difference except the finish? Thank you

·
Registered
Vulcan 900 Custom 2013
6 Posts
You’re a god send. Thank you so much 😊! I’ll be ordering the part this morning!

I am curious in how the install will go? Please update us once you do. I am very new to the world of bikes and I would love to buy this and install them myself.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am curious in how the install will go? Please update us once you do. I am very new to the world of bikes and I would love to buy this and install them myself.

Thank you in advance.
Will do for sure, thanks for asking! I may even do a Youtube video on it for fun, but no promises! :) I'm supposed to get it early next week so by end of next week, I should have it done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you in advance.
So I got it done! I'm pleased to say that the black engine guard for Kawasaki 900 CUSTOM worked as well on my 900 Classic, as if there ever was any doubt. It's a shame that Kawasaki doesn't make this plain and clear on their website and the dealerships don't even know.

Attached are the pictures of installation instructions, it was really easy to do, the only "modification" I did is paint the clamp bolt and spacer in black because it looked so cheap and stood out next to black everything. I recorded the video, might post it on youtube later this week. As someone who's 6'5" tall, I'm glad my feet when almost fully stretched out fall nicely on the engine guard, so I'll be adding some highway pegs real soon!

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the video uploaded on Youtube if anyone is interested to see the install...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts