Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a decision to go for a 900 Classic LT. I have always been a Kawa fan, my first in 1973. I am looking for a simple, comfortable cruiser to ride. Give me your thoughts and views on this bike.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine's a dream.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I purchased mine 3 years ago, works awesome for to and from work, 2 up a lot with my 2 kids (1 at a time) wife will ride 2up sometimes, and she is happy with the comfort of the ride, have also taken a few 1000km round trips and find it performs very well on the highway for long distance's as well. so overall my thoughts on the bike was and is that it is an awesome looking bike, as well as being just a overall great bike. but maybe there is something coloring my opinion. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Versatile VN900

I couldn't agree more, check out some pics on photobucket, we've had a blast on ours, lots of long trips and pulling a trailer 2 up. Good choice and good luck!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just bought mine two weeks ago, a new 2009 Red Candy/Metallic Titanium. My first motorcycle. I like it so far. Nothing to compare it to since I have never ridden a motorcycle before.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bought mine about a year ago and love it. Plan on upgrading the seat, for me that made all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
23 Posts
amazing bike, upgrade the seat for better comfort and you will never want to get rid of your bike. good gas miles, good looking

·
Registered
976 Posts
I know that sounds like sacrilidge. Why spend so much money on a bike and then have to spend another 500 bucks on a seat. But thats the way it is AND the after seat market wasn't developed around Kawasaki's. I like my Mustang wide Tourer with backrest and have done 16 hour days followed by 10 and 12 hour days. Only stopped cuzz we got there. There are other things to get on a bike if it didn't come with it. Highway bars would be next. Some day your bike will find itself on it's side. It happens to all of us and heck, the wind did it to mine once. Engine guard means standing it back up and going about your day. No bars and it means a busted blinker, tank and engine cover damage, much much MUCH more money and time then the 150 bucks and 10 minutes the guard takes to install.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know that sounds like sacrilidge. Why spend so much money on a bike and then have to spend another 500 bucks on a seat. But thats the way it is AND the after seat market wasn't developed around Kawasaki's. I like my Mustang wide Tourer with backrest and have done 16 hour days followed by 10 and 12 hour days. Only stopped cuzz we got there. There are other things to get on a bike if it didn't come with it. Highway bars would be next. Some day your bike will find itself on it's side. It happens to all of us and heck, the wind did it to mine once. Engine guard means standing it back up and going about your day. No bars and it means a busted blinker, tank and engine cover damage, much much MUCH more money and time then the 150 bucks and 10 minutes the guard takes to install.
I have a Jeep and it stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. Most people that off-road their Jeep model, modify as soon as they buy a new one. No different for a motorcycle, I guess.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've just upgraded from a Vulcan 500 to the 900 LT and just love it. I constantly want to be on the bike...the only thing stopping me is the weather ;) You won't be sorry, it's a great bike!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I too LOVE my 900 LT. I hadn't been on a bike in 20 years, and the LT (and the wife) said "buy me". We did and if you understand LOVE of vehicles like the members here do, the bike is truly a joy to ride. The only mod I've made so far is a set of Waterboy's lowers - just deepened the love!!
I think the seat change will be next too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts