Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum but have been riding my 99 Vulcan 800 for a couple of years now. I'm thinking of getting a mid size touring bike like the Vulcan 900 Classic LT. I'm buying it brand new and would like to keep this bike for a very long time (or until it dies on me). I just need some opinion from other riders who currently own one, is this a good buy and a keeper?

I looked at Yamaha V Start 950, I liked it but I'm worried about air cooling as I ride a lot in traffic and worried it will overheat. I like the idea of using the touring as back up (commuter bike) in case my commuter VN800 has some mechanical issue. but mostly it will be used on long weekend rides. thanks in advance guys and cheers..

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hello trkmadone,have a 2006 classic 900 here,owned it 6 years,is the lt model
pros,, great commuter,comfortable,good mileage,very reliable,great all around bike,not too heavy,handles well with a passenger
cons,, has quite a vibration over 65 on hwy and could use a 6th gear,just my opinion
ps I ended up getting a nomad 1700 this week,using for long trips,hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you revrider for the input. I keep hearing that vibration issue pass 65mph but it definitely looks like a fun and reliable bike. I may have to check that vstar 1300 since its water cooled and engine is not that big and heavy that a skinny guy like me (135lbs) can still handle it but if budget is not permitting i may have to get the LT and just cruise at 65mph ☺. Congratulations on your Nomad sir and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Your welcome,think the 1300 will suit your needs also,looked at one myself,I am 5 11 200lbs so the nomad suited me better,can"t go wrong with the 900 though,thanks,let us know what you get

1 - 4 of 4 Posts