Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
nice work. I don't know if I would be confident enough to cut my bike like that...

·
Registered
742 Posts
i'm looking to do the same on the rear for the custom... just not sure about adding the door trim around it to hide the black of the fender after cutting it?!?!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm going to be looking for a new fender cause i made a brain dead mistake and now I need a new one. I put a Stebel air horn on this weekend and mounted it on my MC Cycles crash bar to the stock horn mount. There was a good 2" clearance to the fender.OOOPsie! Not enough Took it out and first good bump "Craaaack" . Took me a minute to realize what it was then went "Aw #@$*&". Put a hole and crack in the form of the horn on the fender. Did not hurt the horn at all. Anyone know where I can get a new stock fender or any aftermarket ideas? Mine is an 09 Classic LT red/titanium.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Careful, you will be scolded for asking too much variety in an entry level bike!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks MrClean. I will be buying one this winter. Have to put the bike away in the basement soon. (when it snows in Assachusetts). Plan to work on it , put on hypercharger and power commander as well as led triple play light kit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I really like it ,that part you cut off is just a bug catcher anyway.Mine has a scratch on the front from one of those chrome things (now off) after putting Kendra tire on it hit tire.Plus there is a hole where PO installed the chrome thing.So did you cut it with jig saw then file or what?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xcbullet, my son-in-law took it into the sign shop he designs for and had it cut in the shop. I'll ask him to find out what they used.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The fender was marked by me on one side with a glue stick and some very fine string. The glue was malleable so I could move it around to my liking. I believe my son-in-law did something on his computer to make a pattern and then used that to copy it to the other side of the fender. Once marked up the fender was initially cut with tin snips and then finished off with a rasp. When I got it home I used my grinding wheel to shape up one part as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
fender

Thanks MrClean. I will be buying one this winter. Have to put the bike away in the basement soon. (when it snows in Assachusetts). Plan to work on it , put on hypercharger and power commander as well as led triple play light kit.
I wouldn't wait on a good deal like Mr. Clean posted. Most are usually take off's from a bike that was damaged or being modified. I didn't look, but it's doubtful you will easily find an LT fender to match your colors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts