Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !

I'm new to this forum. I'm looking to purchase a Bullet fairing or Batwing fairing for my bike, Vulcan 900 Classic 2012.

But I have a couple questions, I was wondering if anyone can help me out.

I checked Memphis website, they do not have a Bullet fairing for Classic but they only have it for Custom. Would it fit for my bike?

As of for Batwing fairing, they do have it for Classic but only up to 2011. Since my bike's model is 2012, would it fit for my bike?

Any suggestions or helps are greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advanced.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I checked Memphis website, they do not have a Bullet fairing for Classic but they only have it for Custom. Would it fit for my bike?
no for 2 reasons ...

1 . the classic has a different headlight size .... larger

2. there are fork "shrouds / chrome covers" on the classic that are not on the custom

the install process and brackets is different for both bikes.

the batwing will fit the 2012 just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your swift response!

I actually gave Memphis a call this morning and they said they do not have a fairing that will fit my year / model bike. =( But somehow I don't believe that phone operator, she didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about.

Back to topic, so Batwing fairing should fit? Even though the headlight is larger? Does anyone here have a year 2012 and Vulcan 900 classic same as me in which happen to have the Batwing fairing on it?

I just don't want to spend 500 bux then find out it doesn't fit =T would be a real BUMMER

P.S. whiting57, actually you're the reason why I registered for this forum. I was browsing as a guest last night and I happened to see your bike's bullet fairing. It looks so insanely nice that it motivates me to register for this forum and looking into purchasing a bullet fairing. Really truly do love the look on your bike! I'm uploading a pic of my bike. If I do go with the batwing fairing, I believe I'm going to paint it to polar white to match the bike & saddle bag.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Back to topic, so Batwing fairing should fit? Even though the headlight is larger? Does anyone here have a year 2012 and Vulcan 900 classic same as me in which happen to have the Batwing fairing on it?
i just checked at meancycles web site and they list it up to a 2010 classic ... so far as I'm aware it will fit a 2012 as the only model difference over the past few years is the paint scheme ... double check with your local Kawasaki dealer ... you should have no issues ... here is a pictorial of my batwing install, just take your time, i did my own and on a scale of 1 to 10, my mechanical prowess is in the minus category.

just scan past the bag pics .... http://s945.photobucket.com/albums/ad292/whiting57/matazu%20bag%20and%20batwing%20installation/?start=all

But somehow I don't believe that phone operator, she didn't seem like she knew what she was talking about.
she doesn't ...

Your other option would be to buy a custom headlight and bracket from some one on here that has gone to an aftermarket unit, remove the chrome fork shrouds and go that route. Just another option for you.

Congrats on joining the forum, lots of good folks and info on here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your help! It was very helpful. I will be patience and wait for confirmation with Kawasaki dealer.

Your MU Saddle bag looks awesome too, can it fit a helmet?

In compare to mine, mine looks very cheap and cheezy. I'm also starting to think the white saddle bag doesn't really match my bike =(

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Paint the bags black and the doors white .. same paint as your tank
... painting aint cheap but it finishes off the bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm good idea, I will do that once I get a nicer saddle bag. The current one I have right now is very cheezy and cheap, I got it off ebay for50 bucks lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts