Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any companies that make a big bore kit for the Vulcan 900 Classic? Also looking to put an air ride system on my bike. Does anyone make one for the Vulcan 900? Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey buddy,

Regarding the AIR RIDE - I've actually been looking into it myself, it seems like the only one google brings up is always:
Vulcan Suspensions Parts and Air Ride Lowering Suspension Kits - Page 1 - Strutmasters

But i hvaent found anyone who has done it yet, it's just "For sale" on the website lol. I wonder if.. it's even been tested. Not one video or anything. I'd say it's most probably a universal kit. Which i actually wouldn't mind either.

Any particular reason you want Bore kit? They give very little performance for the prices... I don't know Vulcan 900s well enough yet, but if it's anything like a car or any other bike; turbo would be a 10x better option. :) (Nitrous.. i believe is do-able and not SO illegal in the U.S. if you're there...?)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Some one made a turbo for the 9 google search it you will find it.

As far as a big bore kit I never found one.

My fix to what you looking for was a nomad 1700. Big bore kit and air shocks all in one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I wouldn't bother with boring it out for more power, you can do a lot with fuel and air management, if you are willing to give up some fuel mileage. Also, to realize the power a larger bore can get you, means you still have to do the right intake and exhaust mods to make real power gains. Balanced intake and exhaust mods will give you gains in throttle response and power, but you have to choose what power you want, and more importantly "where" in the power band and rpm range you want it. Find a dealer or shop that really knows how to mod the air intake and exhaust, a dealer with either/and a dyno or exhaust gas analyzer will be able to find power for you where you can use it best. The old hot rod rules still apply, cam shafts and valve timing work, better head airflow, intake and exhaust work, but it takes someone who really knows how engines breathe. If you are willing to spend the bucks you can get more power. But by the time you spend the bucks, a bigger Vulcan will get you the torque and power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts