Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one 2008 (not SE) for sale. Has 34000 km on the clock. Has been serviced regularly.

But 34000 km? Should I be worry, or is it not so much? Your advice on this please.:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
That translates to about 22000 miles. I have that sitting on mine right now and she's running great. As long as the regular services have been done and the previous owner didn't use it to run drag races every weekend, she should be good for many more miles... kilometers... whatever. :D

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I broke 20,000 this morning with no issues on an 09 classic. Bought it used with 2100 miles to start. I plan on riding it from Missouri out to Washington State this summer, and have no worries that it will make the trip without any issues.....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Like others have suggested, it shouldn't be a problem IF it was regularly serviced and well taken care of. However, unless it's a screaming deal or the only 900 in your neck of the woods, I'm not sure why you'd buy it. There're plenty of low-mileage 900s around for sale, including brand-new, zero-mile dealer overstocks that can be bought at great bargains. If things are different where you are, though, that of course changes things, and perhaps makes 22K miles look more appealing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dont worry - but check

I have ridden my '08 900 classic 29000km now. It feels as good as new. With all my extras it is probably better than new, so mileage alone is nothing to worry about. This seems to be a pretty reliable and stable engine.

But things to keep in mind are:
-You are coming up to more major service items, such as valve inspection, greasing all steering/suspension/dampers, brakes
In particular check the rear drive belt, it can be expensive to replace.
-The only problem I know of is the stator coils burning up. Mine burned at 24K.
-Mainly short trips will create more wear on the engine than a bike that has done many long trips.
-Check for rust. The matt black frame parts can easily rust if the bike has not been cleaned and stored properly

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts