Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have an issue here that I would like to get to the bottom off or should I say issues :)
1. When I start the bike I have to turn the throttle a little or she wont start
2. If I remove either of the front ht leads she dies but not on the back cylinder
3.she smokes a little on the rear cylinder on cold start up but I think fuel is passing into that cylinder and that I think is the problem to be honest
...any help would be great thanks.. if i dont give her some throttle when starting her she will take 15+ seconds and gradualy pick up and run ...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
from other postings of similar problems, I think your automatic retard valve gear is sticking in the rear head.

This is a unit with arms and springs, that leaves the valve slightly open on the rear cylinder until the engine speed passes 500rpm, making an easier life for the battery to turn the engine over.

If the springs stick, the rear cylinder plays up.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Some questions:

1. What year is it?
2. How long have you owned?
3. How many miles on it?

Without questions, there cannot be an answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a 1992
Owned for only 4 weeks
14.000 miles
engine looks beautiful with no oil leaks whatsoever and when running she is quiet and pulls really strong . Ive done a full service on her also .. but I also only get 60/65 miles then I hit reserve which I thought was pretty bad .. but I think the tank only holds 3 gallon which is still bad :)

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Its a 1992
Owned for only 4 weeks
14.000 miles
engine looks beautiful with no oil leaks whatsoever and when running she is quiet and pulls really strong . Ive done a full service on her also .. but I also only get 60/65 miles then I hit reserve which I thought was pretty bad .. but I think the tank only holds 3 gallon which is still bad :)
If your bike is an A model, it should hold 4.3. gallons. If it's a B is will be about 3.2 gallons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your bike is an A model, it should hold 4.3. gallons. If it's a B is will be about 3.2 gallons.
I assume from what I can gather its a B6 model as the air filters are round in shape !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts