Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not find any options for Vulcan 88 floorboards out there. Does anybody have any recommendations for what I can use?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a pair of new boards, but I think finding the brackets will be a problem unless you can come up with them from a salvage yard or maybe somebody on this forum has a pair.
I've had very good results finding parts by searching used motorcycle parts online, some of them have a connection that contacts a whole lot of salvage places, and one of them usually sends a message saying they have the part I need. Sorry I don't have the URL handy. I'm not at my usual computer and this one doesn't have much history.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, ill have to check around for some salvage yards online. if you come across any links please send them my way.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Post back with your results if you don't mind. I'd like to eventually get some boards on my 88 build as well.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Why not ask a fabricator how much some custom brackets would cost?

G

·
0 Posts
A word of warning. I have the Kuryakyn Premium & Ribbed floorboards for my wife. Last Sunday she was getting back on the bike and a pin/bolt which keeps the foot peg steady and level broke. Of course she only fell a foot to the asphalt but it was quite scary. On occasion she may briefly stand during the ride to stretch or change positions. I called Kuryakyn and they were great. I'm changing to a different one of their floorboards. Very pleased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts