Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not handy at all! I'm going to have to pay a shop here in Los Angeles to bob out my Vulcan 800.

I have a pretty good picture of the bobber I would like to end up with and it begins with a Vulcan 800. When shopping for these bikes I've noticed that there aren't many for sale but the Classic (VN800B) are everywhere!

My question to everyone is: Can I settle for buying a Vulcan 800 Classic and still achieve these "must haves" listed below?

1. Sportster Tank or King Sportster Tank, I can't stand the stock tanks
  2. 80/90 - 21 Front tire. I know the Classic has thicker forks and a wider front tire that I just don't like. How hard is it to put the slimmer taller tire on the front?
I'm sure the Keystone handlebars and bobber seat won't be an issue. So what are your thoughts? Can I get away with buying a Classic and still achieve these things? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, you would have a better start with the 800a model because you already are using a 21 front tire, and the back fender is shorter.

·
Registered
445 Posts
+1 to an 800 A. Widen your search area, you may need to ride home over an hour but it will be closer to what you want to end up with. Good Luck. You may want to look at the 900 too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I think the 800A is the move. I'm just going to be patient until one in decent shape becomes available. Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts