Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

801 - 817 of 817 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
BooToo '98 VN800 project

here's my winter project. started with the red/grey. and as she sits today. still need to hook up the fuel line and run some seafoam through. battery is on the charger and hopefully tomorrow weather will allow me to get out and see how she runs after sitting for the last 5 months. sat on the new to me Mustang seat for about half an hour this afternoon, loving it :p

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wolf, that bike looks to be an 800A version which isn't a classic. May not be the correct term but I have always called mine a "street" version, sometimes I refer to that style as original but that tends to start arguments at the bar. I love mine and have since new in 05, I am now commuting 30+ miles a day in the city so I am working on a fairing and bags upgrade which requires turn signal upgrades. darn it ;]

·
Registered
5 Posts
old snowy pic

My brothers project bike (after we were done) and my Vulcan after a really late spring or early fall snow storm blew through. I can't remember because it was many years ago. I will have to get some new pictures as I finish the fairing and bag project this spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wolf, that bike looks to be an 800A version which isn't a classic. May not be the correct term but I have always called mine a "street" version, sometimes I refer to that style as original but that tends to start arguments at the bar. I love mine and have since new in 05, I am now commuting 30+ miles a day in the city so I am working on a fairing and bags upgrade which requires turn signal upgrades. darn it ;]
Yea its not a classic.. 800A is also referred to as the custom model, but I took a "classic" rear fender and chopped it because I dont like how the rear flares up on a "custom" fender but love the 21in on them...
And thats awesome man, cant wait to see that upgrade!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought this 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic last summer in almost completely original condition. Cherry red with passenger seat and sissy bar/rack. Modded her to my desired state. For those interested, here's a list of mods and completed work:
- Previous owner: rear sprocket mod 18/40, new chain and brake pads
- OEM exhaust baffles deleted
- 2.5" risers and Harley grips (required modding the right housing a bit)
- Installed used floorboards and fork bag as swingarm bag
- Mustang Solo seat
- DIY rear shock pre-load adjustment (I recommend this to everyone)
- HD Dyna fender rack
- License plate relo
- New AGM battery, phone mount and USB/trickle charging connector installed
- Stainless steel brake line and flush (also highly recommended)
- eBay windshield
- LEDs all around (incl. instrument cluster), clear rear turn signal lenses
- DIY scooterized intake
- Crankcase ventilation relo with K&N filter
- Petcock leaked, replaced with new OEM part and installed new in-line fuel filter
- Cleaned and greased tank lock cylinder with gas-resistant lubricant
- Carb rebuilt and rejetted (52/170), OEM needle, 3.25 turns out
- De-rusted all bolts and exhaust header chrome shields on the inside + painted headers with 2000F rust-protectant underneath
- Oil change, coolant flush, new rear tire

Planned services:

- Check/adjust valve clearances
- Replace clutch
- Front fork rebuild

Wishlist:

- Rear disc brake conversion with Drifter parts
- Highway pegs

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought this 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic last summer in almost completely original condition. Cherry red with passenger seat and sissy bar/rack. Modded her to my desired state. For those interested, here's a list of mods and completed work:
  • Previous owner: rear sprocket mod 18/40, new chain and brake pads
  • OEM exhaust baffles deleted
  • 2.5" risers and Harley grips (required modding the right housing a bit)
  • Installed used floorboards and fork bag as swingarm bag
  • Mustang Solo seat
  • DIY rear shock pre-load adjustment (I recommend this to everyone)
  • HD Dyna fender rack
  • License plate relo
  • New AGM battery, phone mount and USB/trickle charging connector installed
  • Stainless steel brake line and flush (also highly recommended)
  • eBay windshield
  • LEDs all around (incl. instrument cluster), clear rear turn signal lenses
  • DIY scooterized intake
  • Crankcase ventilation relo with K&N filter
  • Petcock leaked, replaced with new OEM part and installed new in-line fuel filter
  • Cleaned and greased tank lock cylinder with gas-resistant lubricant
  • Carb rebuilt and rejetted (52/170), OEM needle, 3.25 turns out
  • De-rusted all bolts and exhaust header chrome shields on the inside + painted headers with 2000F rust-protectant underneath
  • Oil change, coolant flush, new rear tire
Planned services:

• Check/adjust valve clearances
  • Replace clutch
  • Front fork rebuild
Wishlist:

• Rear disc brake conversion with Drifter parts
  • Highway pegs
Good day sir, love the look. Looking for info on the mounting brackets for your floorboards. And about the diy shock preload

801 - 817 of 817 Posts