Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a week or so ago I asked about using my yellow Harbor Freight jack on the 800 custom. I just bought two new tires from Motorcycle Superstore great deal. I want to remove the wheels and take them to Cycle Gear for mounting the new tires. I have used this jack for years on different bikes. This is my first Vulcan so I need some help on using this jack with this bike. Someone mentioned using hockey pucks on the Jack. Where is the best place to put them. I want to Jack up the bike and leave it off the ground while I take the wheels to Cycle Gear and not have it fall off.

Any help will be much appreciated. I have been working on motorcycles for years but with all of the comments about this bike it bothers me. So please ease my feelings. Lol
I saw a guy on YouTube use a floor Jack to get the rear up letting the bike rest on the kickstand and the front tire. Looked easy. :)

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I think the frame is the same as the classic, different tree accounts for the rake. Have a jack very simular to the harbour freight one, and I get it just in front of or behind the switch on the kickstand. If on solid ground, should have no trouble. May run a ratchet strap or 2 over bike attaching it firmly to the jack for extra security.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the frame is the same as the classic, different tree accounts for the rake. Have a jack very simular to the harbour freight one, and I get it just in front of or behind the switch on the kickstand. If on solid ground, should have no trouble. May run a ratchet strap or 2 over bike attaching it firmly to the jack for extra security.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks I appreciate that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts