Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts

Sorry it's sold already. But thats what it looked like last time I saw her.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I made it. I used some rattlecan chrome paint. It looks better in the pic then in real life. But if I had done better prep work, and some sanding in between coats, it woulda came out sweeet.
The tins on the bike (cept the covers) I repainted flat black with rattlecan. Lots of sanding and cleaning and sanding. Wet sanding 5 coats. Got up 2000 grit paper. The quality is a good if not better then the finish on the factory flat black bikes. They just have a better quality clear coat.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had a beautiful 750 a few years back. I'll post the pictures soon if I can get my printer to scan them onto my computer. Mine was a purple/burgandy metallic two tone color. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ok, I got my printer/scanner to work and here it is. This was my beautiful (stock) 1993 Vulcan 750. Very peppy little bike and my first "Cruiser".

·
Registered
397 Posts
My former 2001 750 which I rode for six fun years. Sometimes I wish I could keep more than one bike.

Mustang Wide Regal seat, Saddlemen Jumbo bags, Pro-Tac driver's backrest, Kaw extended passenger backrest, Memphis Shades Hellcat windshield, Metzeler 880's, Iso grips, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks pearlcrystalwhite16 and ForestLake_900LT for making me cry. Those are some sweet looking pics. Now when I look at my she devil, I just see the real potential she has to look as good. I glad my VN750 doesn't have a computer built inside her or she'd be showing me what she wants to look like. I've always believed it's whats on the inside that counts.:( right:confused:
Thanks
Ray
[email protected]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Regal Wide seat

My former 2001 750 which I rode for six fun years. Sometimes I wish I could keep more than one bike.

Mustang Wide Regal seat, Saddlemen Jumbo bags, Pro-Tac driver's backrest, Kaw extended passenger backrest, Memphis Shades Hellcat windshield, Metzeler 880's, Iso grips, etc.
Where/how did you find the Regal Wide seat? Mustang didn't show ANYTHING for the VN750, I'd love to have a seat like that with the back rest. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That Wide Regal seat I had originally bought from another rider in Iowa, and I in turn sold it to another local rider when I traded in my 750 on the 900. I suspect Mustang discontinued active production of these when Kaw quit manufacturing the 750's a few years back.

From my records, it shows these models were available for the Vulcan 750:
Wide Regal - #75359 at a price of $329.95 from "Sherm's Cycle Products"
Wide Studded - #75335 at $339.95 from Sherm's

(These prices were from around 2003, and I have no first-hand contact with Sherm's though some in the Yahoo 750 Group used and liked them.)

So you may still be able to find one on eBay and use these numbers to verify a correct fitment for the 750.

The backrest was made by Pro-Tac and you can order one directly from them. I recorded my price in '03 as $110 + $5 shipping. You'll want to get your seat situation squared away first as Pro-Tac makes these backrests to order, and they'll shape the supports a little differently depending on the particular seat you have mounted. Also, you can get the backrest pad with or without the center button, to match your seat. :cool:

Together, I found the Mustang and Pro-Tac backrest to be an almost unbeatable combination for comfort on the 750. And one nice thing about the Pro-Tac is that it's removable when you want to ride two-up. Just pull it up and out... takes only about three seconds.
Good luck searching, and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I feel kinda sad that these "hard to come by" and "under-appreciated" bikes haven't had more replies on this forum. I still will never forget mine, as it was the first "cruiser" I owned. I was also the first time I got waves from Harley riders...before I waved. The stock pipes were nice sounding!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Resurected!!! Wow that was diggin, thats a pretty old thread. Man I miss that bike somedays. Wish I coulda kept her. I woulda made a solo seat out of that Mustang and turned her into a bobber.

I can't remember exactly how much, I think about $2300. It was a 2000. Can't remember how many miles. check out WWW.vn750.org or .com I can't remember. but they know their stuff bout this bike. Sorry to draw attention from this site. But they do. This site might as well be for 900's only.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's mine...

2005 VN750 in its original configuration. It now has a PF3 fairing and CorTech soft bags.

Just a very nice bike indeed...been a great re-entry ride...have had it for about four years now...

Bob

Attachments

·
Banned
21 Posts
Resurected!!! Wow that was diggin, thats a pretty old thread. Man I miss that bike somedays. Wish I coulda kept her. I woulda made a solo seat out of that Mustang and turned her into a bobber.

I can't remember exactly how much, I think about $2300. It was a 2000. Can't remember how many miles. check out WWW.vn750.org or .com I can't remember. but they know their stuff bout this bike. Sorry to draw attention from this site. But they do. This site might as well be for 900's only.
www.vn750.com We know a lot about these bikes... 8,000 members and growing daily... There is no better place to find information for fixing quick little quirks to discussing the addition of the next best accessory... even making and finding accessories used for other bikes work on ours....

with out further ado, here is my 1992 VN750 aka THe Creep Show... as she sits right now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys , just picked up my vulcan a week ago for 300 bucks! its missing a few things and doesnt look the best but it is a work in progress.It has 10k miles. heres a quick pic i snapped.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts