Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.

Sorry for my English.

I have problems with the throttle.When the engine is cold, there are no problems, everything is perfect. But when the temperature is normal, problems with the throttle. When I hold the accelerator handle in one position, more than 5 seconds, engine loses RPM, but after a few seconds the RPM rises sharply, but I hold my hand in one position. I make the video. There engine runs at different temperatures. The first 50 seconds, the engine is cold everything is fine, after the problems begin. In the video, I keep the accelerator in one position all the time. I think this is TPS.

The engine's light is off, there are no errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
When I was installing my Boosterplug I ( an I can't remember why) I loosened my TPS connection. The bike would start but die whenever I tried to give it gas. The connector is clutch side under the rear end of the fuel tank can be accessed easily from the side. The Way your symptoms come and go is possible loose connection. Hope you figure it out cheaply ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you done any mods to your bike (including electrical)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Only exhaust and rear LED light, all electricsis OEM. But problems started after one of the solenoids had burned down. It was changed, and the problem with the throttle appeared. In Kawasaki service, do not know what the problem is. And the check engine lamp does not glow, no errors.

I think the problem is in electrics, maybe some kind of sensor, maybe TPS.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I was installing my Boosterplug I ( an I can't remember why) I loosened my TPS connection. The bike would start but die whenever I tried to give it gas. The connector is clutch side under the rear end of the fuel tank can be accessed easily from the side. The Way your symptoms come and go is possible loose connection. Hope you figure it out cheaply ..
I checked all the connections, smeared. The problem is not solved. :frown2: and i don't have boosterplug

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Did you check for errors? Just because there isn't a check engine light doesn't mean the ECU didn't store the errors. Check for errors as per out lined here and report back: https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/130-vulcan-650-s/280449-service-code-info.html

What is this solenoid you said that has burned out? Since it started happening after it was replaced my guess is that whoever replaced it either forgot to hook something back up or pulled something loose. Go back to whoever installed this "Solenoid" and have them check their work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Did you check for errors? Just because there isn't a check engine light doesn't mean the ECU didn't store the errors. Check for errors as per out lined here and report back: https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/130-vulcan-650-s/280449-service-code-info.html

What is this solenoid you said that has burned out? Since it started happening after it was replaced my guess is that whoever replaced it either forgot to hook something back up or pulled something loose. Go back to whoever installed this "Solenoid" and have them check their work.
Yes, i check. I went back to the one who installed this “Solenoid” (ENGINE STARTER RELAY STARTING MOTOR SWITCH) and ask them to check their work. They said they do not know, drive to Kawasaki service. I came to Kawasaki, hooked up a computer, and there no errors.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Just a few minutes

What Indy was referring to is checking the codes by the speedometer. The link gives the code list , it only takes a few minutes. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts

If you look in the service code sticky . there is the directions on how to set the speedo to read the service codes. below that is the list of what the numbers mean. When I had the loose TPS sensor the code was 11. Good luck getting it sorted out. :nerd:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
No errors. I can only change the time.
Switch on your ignition. Then switch to the Odometer reading. Then push both buttons at the same time for more than 2 seconds. Release and you should see the codes displaying in 2 second intervals. To get out of the code display just turn off your ignition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Switch on your ignition. Then switch to the Odometer reading. Then push both buttons at the same time for more than 2 seconds. Release and you should see the codes displaying in 2 second intervals. To get out of the code display just turn off your ignition.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thanks for the video. Apparently there are no error codes that pop up. So the mystery continues. I can't believe that not even a certified Kawasaki Mechanic with the proper training and diagnostic tools can't figure it out. Is there another dealership you can take it to? Hopefully you will find the problem soon. I know how frustrating this can be. I could never rest until this problem would be solved. Good Luck to you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the problem is electrical, not mechanical. Because there are no problems with a cold engine.
If there are no problems with a cold engine, then maybe the booster plug will help. Your temp sensor in the air box may be malfunctioning. The booster plug comes with an alternate temp sensor. Just brain storming here..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts