Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We arranged a test ride of the Vulcan S for my wife. Never one to miss an opportunity to ride another bike, I arranged a test ride too. 2 hours later we'd bought 2 Vulcan 650S's; one black for me, and one white for her.

Hers' has the restricted reach kit fitted. I'm fine with the standard settings. We have to pay £250 in the UK, but I do get the standard seat and handlebars in case we need to sell the bike to somebody who isn't short.

I've put a couple of hundred miles on mine already including a 2 hour, 120 mile ride and have found it a lot more comfortable than I had imagined it might be.

A bit annoyed that in 2015 I still have to suffer a 500 mile 4000 rev break-in, and then another 500 miles under 6000 rev. Very frustrating trying to do a long journey at 58mph. I can't understand why it's necessary on a motorcycle when it's not with a car. Oh well; give me a chance to see the scenery for once :)

We bought the OEM windscreens for the bikes but they weren't ready when we picked them up; they'll be installed in a few weeks' time. From my one motorway journey so far, even at under 60mph, they'll be needed.

We're going to be looking at luggage next. Not Kawasaki OEM kit though; far too expensive! I've seen some interesting stuff on the forum already about affordable and smart luggage.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
His and Her bikes! Sweet!

howdy and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wow, living the dream..I test rode a Vulcan S earlier this week and was really, as in REALLY impressed. Dealer didn't caution me on limiting speed and it sure is a fast little bike...I loved it...It is like a big brother compared to my Vulcan 500 and is not quite "scary" fast, but deceptively fast and will surprise many larger displacement bike owners with its incredible zip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts