Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
701 - 720 of 760 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah, they are Quick-release. Its the givi trekker black-line. I purchased the bike qitht the touring package, including the hard leather saddlebags, but found them way to small. These bad boys are more than twice the size of the brand leather ones, and they work like a charm for my purposes.

I think they arent as good looking as the more shaped ones, but its a trade off im willing to make to get the storage room.
View attachment 244529
Have a link to the bags in the pic? Love how they compliment the lines while still seeming functional

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here are a few photos of Giselle with her side cases and luggage rack. I built the side cases and luggage rack out of wood, fiberglass, and epoxy, and I painted them to match the bike's colors with Colorrite paint. The luggage rack mount is a simple piece of flat sheet metal that bolts to the bike using the same mounting bolts that also hold the Kawasaki saddle-bag racks. The luggage mount bolts to the sheet-metal plate, and the side cases bolt to the saddle-bag racks. The luggage rack has holes along the sides that accomodate hold-down straps (I use Rok Straps) that I use to secure a backpack or camera bag. I'll finish the top box when the weather warms up enough to paint it. The Corbin seat is not an exact color match, but it's close enough for me. The windshield is a 16" Madstad, and the highway bars are Von & Hans.

·
Premium Member
2018 Vulcan 650 s
6 Posts
vulcan port sunlight.jpg sunlight 2 vulcan - Copy.jpg Here are a couple of pics from today, couple of mods Oxide bags, crash bars puig. screen puig, spot lights, hand guards, awkward to photograph sun very low going down as I was in middle of road trying to get the shots.

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan S 650 ABS
15 Posts
View attachment 245661

Not the best view but some subtle mods I'm still working on it since July starting in the front of the bike and working back.. basically I love the factory Gold on black so I just kept finding more black bits and pieces adding them to it and subtle little mods. Any suggestions or questions let me know so far it's been a journey the Covid 19 pandemic has made getting some parts a long wait from Italy, Spain but it's been a fun time all Summer long adding stuff. A lot of US retailers online were running low or out of the Puig accessories especially the adapters for the levers etc.. so I used the sellers from Italy, Spain etc on Ebay to get them shipped here.
Hey man. I have the same bike. What brand phone holder did you put on your bike? Will it hold iPhone 12 Pro Max? Are you happy with the holder you have? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey man. I have the same bike. What brand phone holder did you put on your bike? Will it hold iPhone 12 Pro Max? Are you happy with the holder you have? Thanks

Should work fine since it's spring loaded I have the I-PHONE 12 and fits perfect the Max is only a bit larger. Honestly no issues at all it holds the phone snug and it has a red knob on the back to lock the holder but I never had to use it since the tension is strong without it. Def recommend it.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Did the Booster Plug install this morning and took her out for a spin. If you take notice I added the previous 2016-2018 all black clutch cover to the bike and got rid of the silver one on the 2020-2021. Over the winter I did the extended shift rod and moved the brake pedal to the farthest notch but I feel a still little cramped on the bike at 6'0" I'm now looking into the new extended reach seat to push me back maybe another inch or two which should do the job. All around love the bike still.

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan S 650 ABS
15 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the info. I have extended gel seat with passenger seat and back rest. It’s very comfortable and I’m only 5’ 7”. My dealer pulled the handle bars in about an inch and I don’t have any problem. I also installed the floor boards which I highly recommend for comfort.

·
Registered
133 Posts
First ride on new KVS today. Man was it cold! 35 degrees and cloudy. Only had enough tolerance to get about a mile down the street before turning around.

701 - 720 of 760 Posts