Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

581 - 600 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Vulcan S
5 Posts
Finally getting full swing into the riding season now that the snow is gone. Already have over 600kms on the bike in a couple of weeks of riding.
Totally going to be that guy taking pictures of his bike in front of random back drops now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great photo...Great bike...Beautiful backdrop..... Where is it?
In response to your question, the bags are Saddleman soft bags which have been permanently mounted to the bike. Yes they can be removed if needed with pliers and a wrench, but I opted out for the quick release setup; because the mounting seemed flimsy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great set-up. It looks like you retained the original seat. Replacing the seat was one of the first upgrades that I made to my bike. After a day in the original saddle I could hardly walk and I'm 5'7" 138 pounds. By the way, who is the manufacturer of the back rest and luggage rack.

·
Registered
Vulcan S ABS 2017
27 Posts
Great set-up. It looks like you retained the original seat. Replacing the seat was one of the first upgrades that I made to my bike. After a day in the original saddle I could hardly walk and I'm 5'7" 138 pounds. By the way, who is the manufacturer of the back rest and luggage rack.
Hi spoiledrottencorgi,

The stock seat is very uncomfortable, but it seems the backrest helps a bit. But, I am waiting for the Mustang Seat that should be available this year. If not will get the Corbin.
Here is the backrest/rack :
Fixed Mount&Driver Passenger Backrest For Kawasaki 15-19 Vulcan S EN 650 VN650 | eBay

It converts to passenger without tools in 10 seconds. It takes a bit of effort to swing my leg over it.
There is 1 more seller for the same item. You can try to make an offer for .. let's say $250 USD ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the link. I replaced my seat with a Corbin, which is slightly wider than the stock seat; so it took me a few rides to get used to it. However, I love the seat.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been a while since I logged in here but I got the oil changed, modified my baffle and rode to work for the first time this year. It was good day.

Still need to wrap up this custom exhaust, install my power commander auto tune kit and replace the little fender bracket covers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone, just signed up to this community. Here are a couple pictures of my girl. I have since don’t a fender eliminator on her and put some saddle bags.
Nice Ride! What tank bag are you using? Would you recommend it to another Vulcan S rider? Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice Ride! What tank bag are you using? Would you recommend it to another Vulcan S rider? Welcome to the Forum
Thank you. I just bought a random magnetic tank bag off of amazon and it works nice but I rarely use it to be honest, I have the tail bag and my saddle bags so the tank bag is not very helpfully unless you need something at hand. You have to move it ever time you fill up and depending what you have in it the bag will move around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you. I just bought a random magnetic tank bag off of amazon and it works nice but I rarely use it to be honest, I have the tail bag and my saddle bags so the tank bag is not very helpfully unless you need something at hand. You have to move it ever time you fill up and depending what you have in it the bag will move around.
I was thinking about getting the tank lock style bags but for the price it's hard to not consider the magnet bags

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was thinking about getting the tank lock style bags but for the price it's hard to not consider the magnet bags
Yeah for sure I was looking at those as well but then after doing a big of research I saw the Viking saddle bags for a smidge more than a locking style tank bag and they have more capacity. BUT if you think that a tank bag is the way to go for you riding then there is nothing wrong with them for sure, if you like them and think they will be a good fit then that is what counts. I don’t think there is a bad tank bag for bikes now a days

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah for sure I was looking at those as well but then after doing a big of research I saw the Viking saddle bags for a smidge more than a locking style tank bag and they have more capacity. BUT if you think that a tank bag is the way to go for you riding then there is nothing wrong with them for sure, if you like them and think they will be a good fit then that is what counts. I don’t think there is a bad tank bag for bikes now a days
I do like the Viking saddle bags, but my want for the tank bag is just to keep water and some things to grab while moving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll probably powder coat the plates on the radiator and side plastic to gloss black but other than that I think I'm set with it.

581 - 600 of 606 Posts