Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there people. I've been busy for the last 3 months doing a few custom bits on my Vulcan. It has not been a smooth process being in South Africa but I am almost done. I have fitted LED front turn signals and rear with integrated brake and park lights.

The park and brake lights work on the LED but I cannot get the turn signals to function. I have added a LED flasher unit but even so, no luck. The turn signals don't even come on the dash mount. I have checked all fuses in the 4 separate fuse boxes and they are all good. I have power in the flasher unit plug.

Any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hi there people. I've been busy for the last 3 months doing a few custom bits on my Vulcan. It has not been a smooth process being in South Africa but I am almost done. I have fitted LED front turn signals and rear with integrated brake and park lights.

The park and brake lights work on the LED but I cannot get the turn signals to function. I have added a LED flasher unit but even so, no luck. The turn signals don't even come on the dash mount. I have checked all fuses in the 4 separate fuse boxes and they are all good. I have power in the flasher unit plug.

Any thoughts.

Unless you bypass the original flasher you need at least 9.8ohm resistance per lamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection or a bad LED flasher unit. Get your circuit tester out and have fun. Just had to trouble shoot my Soundbomb. Turned out to be where3 the stock wiring joined,

·
Registered
261 Posts
I assume you know this and already tested it, but just in case - LED bulbs are polarity-sensitive, so make sure they're seated correctly. Flip them around and see if that changes anything. Also, just in case you have a bad flasher relay, swap the OEM back in and try it out too. It should work but it will hyperflash. If that's what happens, then you know you got a bad LED relay and just swap that out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feed back gentleman. It seems that the battery was a little flat. I charged her up and indicators are now working, go figure. However the LED flasher I got seems to be faulty as the lights on turn on for a split second and they are off.
Just awaiting some new grips and new rear wider tyre and I will be done.
Pics to follow.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thanks for the feed back gentleman. It seems that the battery was a little flat. I charged her up and indicators are now working, go figure. However the LED flasher I got seems to be faulty as the lights on turn on for a split second and they are off.
Just awaiting some new grips and new rear wider tyre and I will be done.
Pics to follow.
What type of LED Flasher did you get? This is the one that most of us are using since it comes with the proper wiring harness for plug and play installation.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Competition-Werkes-Flasher-Universal-Applications/dp/B009WDK7MM[/ame]

or if you don't have Amazon where you are from here is the direct link the the manufacturer. They also have it on E-Bay and Dennis Kirk etc.

Motorcycle LED Flasher Relay | LED Turn Signal Relay

·
Registered
21 Posts
What type of LED Flasher did you get? This is the one that most of us are using since it comes with the proper wiring harness for plug and play installation.
https://www.amazon.com/Competition-Werkes-Flasher-Universal-Applications/dp/B009WDK7MM

or if you don't have Amazon where you are from here is the direct link the the manufacturer. They also have it on E-Bay and Dennis Kirk etc.

Motorcycle LED Flasher Relay | LED Turn Signal Relay
How do you know what flasher relay to get? I seen another one that is suppose to work, at least that's what he said in the comments.

i'm putting the chrome glow eliminator kit on my wifes bike but not changing the front lights, does this matter?

this is the one I seen

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM26LXO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1LGDXCZMXB2CW&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The Competition Werks Flasher Relay will work with Regular Bulbs and LED Bulbs or any combination thereof. I am not sure if the cheaper Relay will work with the regular bulbs or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts