Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up a 2004 Vulcan 500 , and I absolutely love it as it is. However I really like the way bobbers look so I wanted to know if anyone had any experience chopping/bobbing there's ? I can't find any brand specific seats for my bike or after market bobber fenders . If anyone has any advice or tips I would greatly appreciate them.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would contact Blue Collar Bobbers and see if any of the Vulcan 800 stuff fits the 500. Their site used to list the Vulcan 400/800 together, but now they don't even list the 400???

Good luck! Oh, and if you go with BCB stuff, their parts and instructions are top notch, even if they mix and match metric and SAE bolts.

-John

·
Registered
17 Posts
I checked with BCB looking for a kit, they said the 800 kit doesn't fit.

I found this online looking for bobber info, its where I found the forum. The guy made his own seat which looks more like a Brat than a bobber to me but really nice either way. I really like the clip on bars he used.

I've been looking on Ebay and most of the solo seats with springs look like they'd work, the seat mount on your bike can be modified to fit. I started bobbing mine with local finds, Harley 883 mufflers, bars and risers from a Victory and turn signals, new grips and bar end mirrors by Bikemaster at the Kaw dealer. I've cut and shaped the rear fender to keep it tight to the rear wheel, blacked out the engine, wrapped the exhaust, along with a few other changes. I'll post pics when I have it looking closer to finished.

https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/50-vulcan-500/98569-i-bobbed-im-love.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts