Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have this model?
Was looking into purchasing a 2014, but didn't because of the fairing being frame mounted instead of being mount to the front end, like to see where I'm going in the dark.
Any opinions on frame mounted vs front end mounted fairing?
Also what type of gas mileage does the 1700 get?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
You'll like the frame mounted better, on windy days a lot less work controlling the bike if that makes sense and less fatigue. No problems seeing where your going, no different than a car. I had a Vaquero and loved it, my wife started riding and did not love it so it's gone.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Turning your handlebars this way & that on a motorcycle is a sure-fire recipe for disaster I'd say... Frame-mounted / Fork-mounted, makes little difference.

Either the Vaq spins your wheels or it doesn't. If you want a fuel efficient bike, then a V-Twin cruiser probably isn't what you're looking for.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the Voyager- same bike/fairing. I love the frame-mounted fairing. As far as seeing, I have the driving lights in the fairing too, and they are WONDERFUL!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I had only rode one bike with fairing prior to the Voyager, and that was only 87 miles with fork mount. The 1st day on the Voyager felt odd because it was stationary, but dont even notice it now, and the lights do a geat job of lighting the way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've had a '12 Vaq since march. Much prefer the frame mounted fairing. I have the tall windshield on it and I like it way better than the stock 5" one. Lights could be better be they are adequate. I've put around 13k on it and it is one of the coolest sleds out there. The stereo with iphone hook up is great too. I couldn't be any happier with mine.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Frame mounted fairings are far superior to fairing mounted to the front end of a motorcycle. If you do your research you will agree with me. If you have ridden in cross winds with both styles, you will agree with me.

The only time the movable light is helpful is when you are in the woods going 1 mile per hour and need to turn around. Otherwise there is not difference because the front end doesn't move more than a fraction of an inch at speed.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Frame mounted fairings are far superior to fairing mounted to the front end of a motorcycle. If you do your research you will agree with me. If you have ridden in cross winds with both styles, you will agree with me.

The only time the movable light is helpful is when you are in the woods going 1 mile per hour and need to turn around. Otherwise there is not difference because the front end doesn't move more than a fraction of an inch at speed.
^^^
What he said!

Scott

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone out there have this model?
Was looking into purchasing a 2014, but didn't because of the fairing being frame mounted instead of being mount to the front end, like to see where I'm going in the dark.
Any opinions on frame mounted vs front end mounted fairing?
Also what type of gas mileage does the 1700 get?

Thanks.
Just bought the 2014 model 2 weeks ago, love it. You won't regret it. I get about 41 mph, but I am still in the breakin period and have not modded the exhaust and intake yet. The power commander will also help with fuel economy.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Good answer by twowheeladdict. I have had people tell me a frame mounted fairing will make you dizzy and disoriented. I was also told that "a frame mounted fairing is no good because it is mounted to the frame." (You have to love the logic on that answer.) Yesterday I was doing 85 on the Interstate in a good crosswind passing semi's. While it was not very smart, I was every bit as stable as the HD with a windshield behind me and felt very safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts