Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked my rear shocks with a tyre gauge reading was zero, when I checked the owners manual it states to adjust to atmospheric pressure looked at the Internet (confusion reigns supreme) the manual states for average weight person 68kg no luggage, no passenger is atmospheric pressure can anyone help out with a simple problem how much in kPa or Psi as I can convert this ( I will look at the other side of the pressure gauge.
Thanks for any help
Dogs body

·
Registered
112 Posts
I run mine at 25 PSI unless I am going to be running two up with my trailer then I might bump it up to 30. You have to use a no loss air pump and gauge or you lose air every time you check it. Never go beyond 40 psi or you might blow the seals.

·
Registered
1700 Voyager
117 Posts
I think your question is ''what psi is atmospheric pressure" . The answer is the 0 reading you are getting. From their you can only go up "0 to 40" 40 is max without damaging the shock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run mine at 25 PSI unless I am going to be running two up with my trailer then I might bump it up to 30. You have to use a no loss air pump and gauge or you lose air every time you check it. Never go beyond 40 psi or you might blow the seals.
Thanks for your help will try at 20 PSl and see how that goes as lm getting on in years, the softer ride would help my old bones safe riding cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your question is ''what psi is atmospheric pressure" . The answer is the 0 reading you are getting. From their you can only go up "0 to 40" 40 is max without damaging the shock.
Thanks for the help. Perhaps that should have printed it in plain language cheers. Safe ridding to all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In case you missed it: Do not use an electric pump! You need a small hand pump with a screw on head. Quick release heads loose pressure as you remove them and electric pumps move the air so quickly you can easily damage the bladder. Use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ID37ZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
In case you missed it: Do not use an electric pump! You need a small hand pump with a screw on head. Quick release heads loose pressure as you remove them and electric pumps move the air so quickly you can easily damage the bladder. Use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ID37ZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for your help Steve will source one very much appreciated safe travels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts