Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new to this forum and just as new to the Vulcan community. I just purchased a 2007 Vulcan 1600 with 5,900 miles in it. The tires are original which I didn’t like so I’m going to replace before spring. My question would be, what do you guys recommend for tires? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
There's opinions and posts galore on the topic. Just figure out what you're expecting most out of the tires. Is it traction, longevity, or just cheapest price that's most important to you. There's not going to be a night and day difference between the major manufacturers, just between the classes of tires. Sport, sport touring, cruiser, etc.

BTW, which model did you get? Classic, Nomad, or Meanie?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Michelin commanders,ive had them on my last bike they are great tires especially on wet roads. they have a larger profile and a wider contact patch. I don't believe they make whitewalls if youre going that route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an '05 1600 Classic too and love my American made Dunlop Elite 4's for smooth ride, cruiser style handling and wet grip. Radial in back, bias in front based on advice I got from the other Vulcan site years ago. Michelin Commanders are also a cosistently great tire. Avoid the cheapo brands and read the owner feedback on each tire you consider--especially the negative comments that might match up to what you are exactly looking for in the tires. For my last two tire changes I have gone to a 180 70 R16 (one size over) in back. Handling is a titch better, especially if you two up. Also it reduces some of the speedometer error.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts