Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
New to kawasakis and new to the site. Hoping to get some info regarding my Kawasaki vn1600 classic!

So I just bought a 2009 model. With Vance and Hines big shots added. Like em but wanted the stock mufflers cause me and my wife want to do long tours and thought the originals would be more practical!
Here's the problem, and I hope you can help. I ordered a second hand set off eBay - alas they don't fit. Now when I googled it, there seems to be two types of exhaust for the vn1600 classic. The ones I have purchased are the slash cut ends but the others are narrower at the ends.

It's a tricking pain cause in my manual, the picture of the bike shows that I need the slash cut end mufflers. On all Oem and spare part sites, the diagram for the muffler is the slash cut ones. The is NO info on the narrow end mufflers and seems to be no option to buy them.

Am I going wrong and the slash cut mufflers do fit somehow? On the back of my manual my Vulcan is the a6f model if that helps?

Please does anyone have any insight!?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks.
New to kawasakis and new to the site. Hoping to get some info regarding my Kawasaki vn1600 classic!

So I just bought a 2009 model. With Vance and Hines big shots added. Like em but wanted the stock mufflers cause me and my wife want to do long tours and thought the originals would be more practical!
Here's the problem, and I hope you can help. I ordered a second hand set off eBay - alas they don't fit. Now when I googled it, there seems to be two types of exhaust for the vn1600 classic. The ones I have purchased are the slash cut ends but the others are narrower at the ends.

It's a tricking pain cause in my manual, the picture of the bike shows that I need the slash cut end mufflers. On all Oem and spare part sites, the diagram for the muffler is the slash cut ones. The is NO info on the narrow end mufflers and seems to be no option to buy them.

Am I going wrong and the slash cut mufflers do fit somehow? On the back of my manual my Vulcan is the a6f model if that helps?

Please does anyone have any insight!?
I thought the 1600 Classic only went up to 08? I had the same problem with my 08 that I bought, turns out it was an 06, it was hanging about the warehouse for 2 years before it was sold. Shouldn't make any difference to the model though it was just when you said 09?? Sorry can't be any more to you but its the narrower end type exhausts you want, there is a guy in the UK selling a set if you still want them without the bladder?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
An A6F, makes your bike a 2006 model. All of the 1600 classics in my catalog use a slash cut muffler, and there is no reason all of the years from 03 to 08 should interchange. The 1500 classics do use a tapered muffler and the converter that mounts under the frame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply guys.

So I think my bike is an 06 like you said. Just registered in 09.
Turns out the exhaust I ordered had a bent bracket which could of been the problem.
I say 'could' because I'm still unsure about which exhaust I need.

I've attached two pictures (not my bike)
Both same year but have different pipes!!

As you can see they differ, the second pic is the exhaust I purchased and the one shown in my manual. The only difference in the second picture from my bike is the reflector on the front fender! Haha

I'm thinking maybe different exhaust for different countries? Is that crazy?!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts