Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2005 1600 classic bought new in 05 never had any issues
the bike has Vance&Hines speedster long for pipes and K&N filter the past couple of weeks it has been surging at idle, i have cobra tack on it and you could see it could down to 500 rpm and jumping back up after been ridden for 10 minutes or so and sometimes just shuts off when you pull to a stop sign or a red light, the plugs where checked and replaced anyway even-though they looked fine ran some seafoam in the tank and no change
took it to the shop they said they found a kinked fuel line and replaced a couple of spark plug cap ends got the bike back still has the same issues and seems to be getting worst you could feel it now surging when riding around town at low speed
the weird thing is when it is surging at idle and almost stalling if you lean the bike over on the kick stand it seems to settle down anyone seen this or has any idea what to look for
according to the mechanic if there was error codes on the bike the red light on the speedo would stay on which it is not
i also did unplug the battery to try to reset the ECM which did not help
Any suggestion would be appreciated, Thank you

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had that happen to me and I cleaned the throttle body and oiled the throttle cables and it was fine. I also replaced the battery at the same time has I left the key on and run the battery down. I do not know for sure if replacing the battery helped or it was just one of those things I needed to do anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts