Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! You're going to be getting a lot of questions from me so get ready! I recently picked up a 1995 KAW Vulcan 1500a about a week ago for $1000. The dude promised me a perfectly running bike and it would barely start so this build thread is going to be long and ill hopefully have pictures to put up along the way. The bike has so many problems where do i even begin lol. Let's see, horrible and unsealed rattle-can paint job on EVERYTHING but the chrome he didn't remove any parts he just painted it so my rear seat doesn't like to work at all. EXCESSIVE motor vibrations like really bad felt like riding the most rickety roller-coaster ever, backfires during hard acceleration clutch and brake pedal have side to side movement that i don't believe should exist? I just need a lot of help for this bike. its been entirely stripped down motor should be getting pulled tomorrow then frame and gas tank sandblasted then paint so be prepared for questions y'all will put up pics as soon as i can. THANKS!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wow. Hope you get it sorted out and turn it into a reliable bike.

Welcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Hope you get it sorted out and turn it into a reliable bike.

Welcome.
Yeah thanks im trying my best with the limited funds and time i have right now its reaaaalllyyy killing me and my social life as well because i cant afford to go out, and my car is total going to crap so i have to projects going at once really and neither of them i can afford

·
Registered
620 Posts
If funds are limited, we do the best we can....Hope you can patch it up enough to limp it along or better.

Old conservative saying

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Do without.

Most if not all of us experienced having our money run out before the month runs out, awaiting payday. Keep us informed please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If funds are limited, we do the best we can....Hope you can patch it up enough to limp it along or better.

Old conservative saying

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Do without.

Most if not all of us experienced having our money run out before the month runs out, awaiting payday. Keep us informed please.
Unfortunately this will be probably a year in the making maybe more...but i wanted a project bike but not this big but Ive got it now and im not backing out. Just the stuff i need to get it running right is expensive before all the new gauges/cables/wires it needs. So it will be MONTHS at least before i have the money save up even close to what i need....and any ideas as to what could be causing the side to side movement of the shifter lever? I will do my best as time allows to keep everyone posted on this, build pics should be coming soon. Thank you to everyone in advance for the help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So new update,tore the bike apart further today almost nothing left on it so much rust its not even cool anymore about to start cutting up the wiring harness to delete most things on the bike no more instrument panel neutral light oil pressure light turn indicators etc no speedo anymore either also removing horn because it would most likely get me in trouble honking when this thing gets back on her feet. got into it removed air box replacing with pod filters found 2 globs of silicone around oil leaks and one on radiator radiator drained bottom is orange top is green hah great also he used Red PERMATEX high temp rtv silicone around top of one cylinder gasket and around water pump outlet..... great:(. also ALL of my pictures of how everything goes back together got deleted :mad: so this will be sooo fun (insert sarcasm here)....found out this bike has 2 thermostats as well and the swingarm was either never painted or alllll the paint has come off. Slop in shifter is definitely internal reasons, brake pedal seems like a loose nut, get engine rebuild first then worry about the small stuff. Will be starting a build thread ASAP by the way for BokoBob or anyone else interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts