Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I’m new to this site and this is my first post. I hope you can help me find the problem with my motorcycle.

I have a 2002 Vulcan 1500 mean streak with 20,000 miles. Much of the time when I try to start my motorcycle that has been on a trickle charger. It won’t get past the compression stroke. Does this motorcycle have an automatic compression release? if so, is that part prone to failure? Please advise me. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2002 Nomad
298 Posts
Had a similar issue with my 2002 Nomad. Charged the battery all the time but would frequently be sluggish and even fail to turn over. The battery was brand new when I bought the bike (I have the receipt). Bought a new battery and it works perfect now. Even if it sits for weeks with no trickle charge, I fires right up with no hesitation. Damn I love this bike.

·
Registered
2006 Nomad 1600
84 Posts
Welcome to the the forum. I will also say it is 100% your BAT. If you have some jumper cable I would us a vehicale that is "Turned off" and see if using that battery will help the bike start.

Make sure you take the time to check all the fuses in the right side holder and also the one by the battery and rear of the gas tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts