Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like if me and the dealer can agree on a price I will be trading my Goldwing in on a Voyager at the end of the week do to not being able to get my legs comfortable on the wing. I have rode the GW on 5k - 6k mile trips or maybe more which brings up my question, what was the most miles on any given trip you made on the Voyager and how did it do?

Another question, does the two aux. lights come on with the head light or can you turn them on/off by a switch?
Thanks guys, Mike

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I've got 5600 miles on my '11 VV; wouldn't trade it for the world. 1500 miles of that was a 5 day trip around Lake Michigan. Very comfortable seating position and seat; both of us were ready to go for more.

The aux lights have a switch on the lower left portion of the fairing so you can turn them off/on; when on, they come on with the key. They also stay on while the high beams are being used.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have 19,000 miles on the Voyager and have done 12 hours in the saddle at a time. Highway pegs and rider backrest go a long way by allowing you to vary your seating position.

The Voyager fits me well. I could not get comfortable on the 40 mile Goldwing test ride I did.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I and the wife did 3200 miles in 7 days. The last day was 14 hours, approximately 860 miles. We were sore and tired, but back on the bike a couple of days later. I also had a GL1800, and would take the Voyager hands down on comfort.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Amen! Add a drink holder and a GPS and your set for the long haul.
Didn't forget them. I also added my XM radio. Love it. I'm on a 2600 mile trip. Heading home now. Only thing that didn't work for me is the stock seat. Gonna change it out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Seat

Didn't forget them. I also added my XM radio. Love it. I'm on a 2600 mile trip. Heading home now. Only thing that didn't work for me is the stock seat. Gonna change it out.
Let me know what seat you end up with.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I did 2400 miles in about a week this past May. The Grasshopper backrest helped and I would recommend some kind of backrest for long hauls. The bike performed flawlessly.

I don't believe the fog lights come on with the high beam switch -- at least that's not how my 09 Voyager works.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Let me know what seat you end up with.
I'm probably gonna get the Ultimate seat. I had one on my Star Stratoliner and it was fantastic. Could ride all day with no discomfort.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I did 2400 miles in about a week this past May. The Grasshopper backrest helped and I would recommend some kind of backrest for long hauls. The bike performed flawlessly.

I don't believe the fog lights come on with the high beam switch -- at least that's not how my 09 Voyager works.
The fog lights are only controlled by the switch on the left fairing. Will stay on with high beams.

·
Registered
109 Posts
On my Nomad the light bar is on with low beams but off with high beams. Dealer said that was correct.

·
Registered
419 Posts
2010 Vulcan Voyager, 15000 miles so far. 20 day trip (July 10th through July 30th 2011) 5486 miles. Rear tire didn't make the whole trip as it started out with 1100 miles and came up 200 miles short by being completely bald. But not going to do that rant here. Otherwise no issues or problems at all. 700 miles over 2 days in + 100*F heat. Changed oil before trip using stock Kaw filter & Amsoil 10W40 full synthetic oil.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got back this afternoon from a 3200 mile 8 day trip to Ontario, Quebec, Adirondacks, Catskills

Mustang seat w/ backrest and Kuryakyn longhorns help on 8 - 10 hour days

still cant help to get sore but recovered by each morning

·
Registered
287 Posts
Tire

2010 Vulcan Voyager, 15000 miles so far. 20 day trip (July 10th through July 30th 2011) 5486 miles. Rear tire didn't make the whole trip as it started out with 1100 miles and came up 200 miles short by being completely bald. But not going to do that rant here. Otherwise no issues or problems at all. 700 miles over 2 days in + 100*F heat. Changed oil before trip using stock Kaw filter & Amsoil 10W40 full synthetic oil.
That's why I went to a car tire.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Voyager is a great bike and I understand your need for comfort and leg room, but do you want to give up the Wing's power. There is nothing like it when it comes to power and smoothness.

Sincerely: Tom D.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
The fog lights are only controlled by the switch on the left fairing. Will stay on with high beams.
I went to my auto electrician and he rewired the fog lights to work on the high beam switch but be manually turned off by the original button if I need to work well give far better vision at night

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got 35000 kms on my 09 voyager just got back from a trip on the est coast cabot trail nova scotia and newbrunswick 3700 kms almost 2000 kms in the rain!Bike ran great in the rain no problems oringinal seat, would not change it always changed my seat too fast ,and changed the rear tire to a 180 dunlop e3 american eagle great tire so far great in the rain! Front tire e3 bias.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts