Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have an 05 nomad with a couple of mods. I do like my bike but I'm thinking the voyager may be what I want. I've read that the 09 to 12 may over heat without the kit. What's y'all's opinion of the voyager?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Don't believe it is a overheating issue,just heat directed on ya,believe the kams kit helps out,My nomad is hot at standstill but hey big motor,Happy camper here,,,think there a recall on Ignition wiring on the voyager,certain years I think,but it's a nice Bike,I looked one just could not swing the cash

·
Registered
181 Posts
Love my Voyager. It's way more bike than my 900 was, and actually easier to ride. I love the fixed fairing compared to a fork mounted windshield. The cruise control is great, and the heat is not really an issue. I have found that riding with my lower vents closed actually keeps more heat away from me

·
Registered
580 Posts
Like others have stated it's not overheating, it's just the way they are designed. Like any bike that has that much protection up front (lowers, fairing) it doesn't get much air when riding slow or around town so the fans kick in and you feel the heat. It's a trade-off for having all that protection from the elements. Myself and others have installed a switch to manually turn the fans on before it gets that warm and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I have a 2011, I wrapped the exhaust pipes right after I got it July 2011 in Las Vegas on a 112 degree day, and never had any more hot legs..... I also put a fan switch on it to run the fan when in city traffic stop and go and never had any more heat issues. It never overheated but it is a hot motorcycle to the rider and passengers legs. Hottest I ever had including riding HD Road Kings for a living for 20 years on 110 degree days. But the past 5 years it does not get your legs hot enough to worry about. As long as you do not wear shorts of flip flops.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought my 2014 Voyager new in January of 2015 and absolutely love riding this scoot! My wife complained of heat on her right foot/ankle area and of course refuses to wear boots! I wrapped my exhaust pipes, (suggested on this forum), and have not had any heat related complaints from the Boss! This is a great bike, but if you like to listen to music as you ride, add the rear speaker kit. Makes a lot of difference. Mine is a daily driver. I haven't taken any long trips, just daily rides. One of these days...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts