Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their turn signals with LED on their Voyager? I have a '10 Vulcan Voyager 1700 and the turn signal lenses are literally falling off as it is a poor design. This is the type with the set screw underneath that goes into the lenses and the are currently epoxied in place. I'd like to replace with LED. Any suggestions? Almost everything I have found online has the screw w/bolt end to attached to the bar. Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Registered
662 Posts
The Voyager lenses are not like the usual type of turn signal lenses, that simply screw to the outside of the housing. They have the reflector built in to them, with the bulb housing screwed to the back. They designed it that way as a completely waterproof unit. The lenses are inserted into the housing and then turn to lock. The screw in the bottom simply stops them from turning to unlock. If you've ever taken one of them apart, you'll know what I mean.

I replaced all four of my Voyager turn signals with Vaquero ones, donated by a member of another forum who replaced their Vaq turn signals with hidden LED's. I did that because the Vaq ones are smaller, and because I wanted clear lenses. Clears are only available in the smaller size. I now have LED switchback signals up front, and mirrored amber incandescent bulbs down back.

I'm happy to pay it forward and send you a pair of OEM Voyager lenses (with housings if yours are damaged) - for the cost of shipping?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I added an additional set on crash bars and replaced the rear adding an additional light bar under truck. If you do replace them with LED you will have hyperflash and need to you use load resistors or a electronic flasher or towing wire isolator to prevent. I do not recommend resistors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts