Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen this on you-tube and thought it was interesting enough to post it. This guy has a quick release for the trunk and ends up looking like a vaquero except for the bags. What i am really interested in though is how he relocated the antenna i would really like to do this so i can put the bike cover on again without unscrewing the antenna. Has anybody did an antenna relocation? What did you do with the ugly black antenna mount on the trunk? https://youtu.be/YGpCfReVdo4

·
Registered
214 Posts
My 2 cents ? After removing the case it is looking ugly as hell. BUT just my 2 cents . . .

You could use the antenna mount from the vaquero and relocate the Voyager antenna. Leave the antenna mount where it is on the case or remove it, plastic weld the holes and repaint.

IN MY OPIONION, if the only thing to get a bike cover on it without removing the antenna, is get a short antenna which is max the height of the case (autozone, pep boys, etc.) and exchange with the original one.

IF you want the look auf the vaquero, sell the voyager and get a vaquero - looks as it should, need a backrest, get the oem sissybar for the vaquero (which is quick release).

BUT, dont get me wrong, dont want to offend you, that just my opinion of work, look, style, etc.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks demolition man not offended at all i was only posting because i thought others might like it i like my voyager just the way it is but after googling around yesterday i did find forums also talking about the shorty antenna. They are available and if anyone is interested the screw is an M-6. They are actually very cheep on eBay but if you search eBay be sure to check US only sellers or you will get a lot of ships from china. Not to concerned about the reception i almost all the time listen to Sirius xm or mp3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts