Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Voyager Tie-downs

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MLKN 
#1 ·
Reading some threads on trailering got me thinking.

Where are good tie-down points that you have found on the Voyager?

I have an mc trailer, 2-up, open with diamond plate rock shield.

None of the scoots I've hauled have had farings, trunks or hardbags to deal with. Thx!

#2 ·
Awhile back I had posted not to use the Saddlebag Guards as a tie down point....that was before I realized why it didn't work out for me....turns out the stealer forgot to install the bolt in the upper portion of one of the Guards - that's why my Saddlebag cracked. :eek: But, I digress.....I use a Condor chock for the front tire, which means I just need to pull the bike into the chock - I find that strapping to the Saddlebag Guards works out great. My straps go inside of the bolt that connects to the Saddlebag and secure the other end to the floor of my trailer (going towards the front of the bike).

#3 ·
Thanks Top K. Not quite my setup, but I think I can roll with it.

#4 ·
Def get a Condor cradle style wheel chock and wrap 2 soft ties around the lower triple and strap from those down wide and down. I just picked up my Vaquero from the stealer and trailered it 5 hrs through NY on the roughest highway (rt. 95) without issues. Didnt tie the rear down, just cranked the wratchet straps until the suspension began to compress. No prob.

#5 ·
Trailer has a static front wheel chock that gives the front tire a forward stop, but it doesn't clamp the wheel. The fron t tie down points on the trailer are static also, so I was looking for suggestions on where to strap to on the bike. My VTX1300 and my cousin's VTX1800 had no problems, but they also had no fairing. Strapping from the saddle bag guards may be an option as well as from the lower tree with the trailer mount points where they are. Won't know until I put the bike on the trailer in a week or so (Gatlinburg trip). Just needed some suggestions from some experienced folks. I Thank you!!

#6 ·
Trailer the bike? When did you get a Harley??

#7 ·
Haha! :)

Evening trip in traffic. Play in the mountians after we get there. Staying long enough the misses can't pack enough "stuff" on the scoot and her idea of "roughing it" still requires running water, a nice mattress, conditioned air and shopping at the local outlets. :eek: :D

#9 ·
I hear ya! Love my misses, but she can never pack lite.

#11 · (Edited)
Had to do an emergany strape down. No wheel chock for the front. For the front I used the lower fork mounts just under the front of a cowling. For the rear I used the saddlebag mounting brackets as well. worked great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.