Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and gals new to the site have been doing some reading on the rear 1700 shocks and rear a reply about compressing the spring and removing a clip on the voyager and it would give a inch drop but did not see any reviews or pros or cons after that any input would be appreciated I can see removing the clip might reduce the preload but can that be balanced out with a air pressure adjustment?? any bottoming out 2 up rougher ride thanks for any input you can share

Rebar

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Remember reading about this over a year ago, only know about 3-4 people doing it. Most liked the change, but one guy had an issue when he had a rare passenger. It blew out the seals in the shocks and dumped oil all over the back wheel. No idea how much air was in them at the time or his rebound settings, but this was enough to make me forget about trying it. There is a shop that sells a lower shock mount relocation kit that lowers the rear about an inch. If I remember right, its a bolt on for the Vaquero, but needs a modification to the Nomad and Voyager bag mounts I think. Was reasonably priced at about $150 I think. Check out the later replies in this thread for the link I mentioned.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/54-vulcan-1700/7133-lowering-1700-voyager-6.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I have already email about the voyager bracket alteration, looks pretty simple so will go ahead and order the kit just though if I could save a buck why not but replacing shocks will not save any thing :) thank you for you reply

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The Voyager is already plagued by poor cornering clearance. I run 30 lbs in the rear shocks and increased preload on the front to gain some cornering clearance.

Your going to have to take the curves at the yellow warning sign speeds like the semi trucks in order to keep from scraping if you lower the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
The Voyager is already plagued by poor cornering clearance. I run 30 lbs in the rear shocks and increased preload on the front to gain some cornering clearance.

Your going to have to take the curves at the yellow warning sign speeds like the semi trucks in order to keep from scraping if you lower the bike.
This is my concern. I drag the floorboards enough as it is...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts